Private Destrehan and Houmas House Plantation Tour from New Orleans
Tour duration is 8.5 hours, and it combines both Destrehan and Houmas House Plantation Tour. You will travel in a luxury SUV with up to 5 guests, and stop for lunch at The Cajun Village Restaurant.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Destrehan Plantation
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Destrehan Plantation, 13034 River Rd, Destrehan, LA 70047-5202
Tour picks up at 8:45am from your New Orleans area hotel or preferred departure point. You will tour Destrehan Plantation at 9:30 am for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Destrehan plantation was established in 1787 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It remains the oldest documented plantation home in the lower Mississippi Valley. At 11:15am, you'll depart Destrehan Plantation and stop for lunch at Cajun Village Restaurant in Darrow, LA. Lunch is not included in the cost of the tour.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Houmas House Plantation and Gardens, 40136 Highway 942, Darrow, LA 70725-2302
After lunch, you'll head to Houmas House and arrive at approximately 2:30pm. The Houmas House tour is 1 hour and 15 minutes in length. Houmas House Plantation and Gardens, between Baton Rouge and New Orleans, allows visitors to experience the life of a wealthy Sugar Baron in the 1800s. Tour the historic Louisiana Plantation and explore 38 acres of lush gardens, or relax with a refreshing mint julep and enjoy the breeze off the nearby Mississippi River. You will return to your departure point at approximately 5:15pm. All entrance fees are included in this tour.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Port of New Orleans
Departure Time :8:45 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Casual clothing recommended
- If you will not be arriving at your destination within the specified reconfirmation period, please reconfirm with the local service provider prior to travel, or upon arrival at your destination
- Please note, departure times and locations may vary slightly
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.