Private Devil's Nose Train and Ingapirca Ruins Tour
Embark on this private tour of the Devil's Nose Train and Ingapirca Ruins with a bilingual guide. You will get to experience one of the finest and most daring feats of engineering the world has ever seen. The Devil’s Nose Train connects the Andes Mountains to the coast and the Ingapirca Ruins is one of the most important remains from the Incas in Ecuador. Hotel pickup and drop-off is included. You can choose from the tour options for an all-inclusive (lunch and tickets) or a basic tour. A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required.
per adult from
9 to 11 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Lunch (if option selected)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Transport by private vehicle or van
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - The Devil's Nose Train Ride
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Devil's Nose Train Ride, Estacion de Alausi, Riobamba 060150 Ecuador
Experience two of the most interesting destinations in the country. You will be picked up from your hotel and be transported to Alausi, a little town considered a national heritage. In this charming town, you will ride the train known as "The Devil’s Nose". In its day, it was considered one of the greatest feats of engineering that the world had seen. This railway was built in 1899 with the intent of linking the coastal city of Guayaquil with the highlands capital of Quito. This amazing ride traverses and descends an almost perpendicular mountain face by using switchbacks. Many lives were lost in the construction of this extraordinary railway.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Ingapirca Ruins, Ingapirca 030356 Ecuador
Your trip continues on the Pan-American Highway to Ingapirca, which is the major Inca archeological site in Ecuador. You will have the chance to appreciate one of the most important Inca structures, an elliptical platform known as the Sun’s Temple. Courtyards, terraces and various other ruins are found here as well. After a full day of touring, you will be dropped off at your hotel.
Some highlights of this tour includes:
• Take a ride on one of the greatest railroad engineering feats, the famous Devil’s Nose Train.
• See amazing panoramic views of unforgettable Andean landscapes full of contrasts
• Visit the Ingapirca Ruins, Ecuador’s largest Pre-Columbian archeological site
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and lactose-free options are available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
- Infant meals not included
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- For 1 to 5 passengers, a bilingual guide will also be the driver. For more than 5 passengers, a driver and a bilingual guide will be provided.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.