PRIVATE DRIVER TOUR: The Island of Light - 10:15 tour from Bergen to Lysoen, 4 hours
One of the 19th century superstars was a Norwegian musician from Bergen. He was a virtuoso violinist named Ole Bull and he lived on the Island of Light - the Lysøen - where this tour will take you and where you can visit Ole Bull's amazing villa.
During this 4-hours long tour in your own private car with your own private driver, you can take a journey from Bergen centre to Buena quay. From there a small passenger ferry leaves to the island of Lysøen regularly.
On the island you will visit the gorgeous villa, which is now a museum, on a guided tour with the museum guide. Afterwards, you are free to explore the island on your own - taking a walk on one of many walking paths.
If there is enough time on the return journey to Bergen, we will make a stop at the Lysekloster - the ruins of a Cistercian monastery from the 12th century. The tour ends in Bergen centre.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Ferry and museum tickets
- Let us introduce you to one of Norway's most prominent celebrities of the past - Ole Bull - by taking you to his beautiful villa on the island of Lysøen. The legendary violinist chose probably the most charming place in the area: the skerries south of Bergen, only 15 miles away from the city centre, where this tour starts.
This tour starts at 10:15 in Bergen.
Your private driver will pick you up at either your hotel in Bergen centre or one of the cruise ship terminals, if you are visiting by the sea. After a half an hour drive through the city suburbs and almost pristine rural areas, you will reach the Buena quay. This is the departure point of a small passenger ferry going to the Lysøen island. The tickets for the ferry ride there and back and entrance tickets to the museum are not included in the price of the tour and can be purchased on the spot for 160 NOK (17.5 EUR / 20 USD) pp - only 30 NOK per child. The ferry departs for the island at 11:00, and takes about 8 minutes one-way.
The island itself is very cosy and picturesque. On the Lysøen island you will visit the villa where you will get to know about Ole Bull and his life - on a group excusion with the museum guide, included in the entrance ticket. The villa is quite unique: made of wood and combines 8 different architectural styles. After the excursion in the villa you can sit outside and enjoy a cup of coffee or tea or take a stroll on one of many walking paths which spread out all over the island on your own. Remember to get back to the ferry in time - it leaves at 12:45.
You return with the same ferry to the mainland, where your driver and the car are waiting for you. On the way back to Bergen you wall make a stop at the “Lysekloster” – the ruins of a Cistercian monastery from the 12th century. Duration of the whole tour: approximately 4 hours. Return to Bergen is at approx. 14:15.
Season: 18.05. – 31.08.
Car on this tour is one of our Mercedes minivans. When only 1-3 people are going on this tour, we may use our Tesla Model X. All of our cars have Passenger Transport Licence.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up is available from every hotel in Bergen city center area and from cruise ships moored in Bergen harbour.Ports
- Bergen Harbor, Bergenhus, 5003 Bergen, Norway
Departure Time :10:15 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Infant seats available
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide: English, Norwegian, Russian, Czech
- A maximum of 7 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.