Private Electric Bike Tour of Santa Monica and Venice Beaches
Get a taste of Santa Monica and Venice on this private tour by electric bike. A great experience for locals and visitors alike. You'll cruise along the beach bike path enjoying the sun, ocean view and energetic atmosphere of Santa Monica and Venice Beach on your easy-to-use electric bike. Stop for photo opportunities at top Santa Monica attractions including Santa Monica Beach, the Santa Monica Pier as background and the spot where Hollywood celebrities partied in the Golden days of Hollywood. Hear fun stories about the city’s pop culture and history from your guide. You will roll on to vibrant Venice to see the skate park, street art and the bustle of the crowd on the ocean front walk, then off to the Venice canals before a final stop at Muscle Beach and zipping back to the shop.
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of electric bike and helmet
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Photo memories package ($30 value)
- PPE - mask and light plastic gloves available upon request
- PPE - small 1 oz hand sanitizer on bike for your use
- Entry/Admission - Santa Monica Looff Hippodrome
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (+-15% as guideline if you enjoyed your tour)
- Entry/Admission - Muscle Beach Venice
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: 26-Mile Bike Path, Santa Monica, CA 90403
3/4 of the tour takes place 26-Mile Bike Path with stops all along the way for stories, trivia and interesting attractions.Come ride with me and you will see...
2 to 2.5 hours includes many 10 to 15 minute stops at attractions listed.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: 200 Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica, CA 90401-3126
Great photo op with the world-famous pier, ferris wheel and rollercoaster in the background.
15 minutes overlaps with and is part of time spent on the 26 miles bike path, SM state beach & Santa Monica bay.
*Note: bike riding is not permitted on the pier.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Annenberg Community Beach House, 415 Palisades Beach Rd Santa Monica State Beach, Santa Monica, CA 90402-1601
This is a spot where celebrities used to hang out and party. We swing by for a few quick stories.
15 minutes overlaps with longer attraction times and is part of the total 3 hour tour.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Venice Beach, Los Angeles, CA 90291
Venice Beach vibrates with activity. An original hippy hangout that still maintains an eclectic vibe and an anything goes attitude. We'll check out all the best attractions along the beach.
1 hour time overlaps with and is part of time spent on 26 mile bike path & Santa Monica bay.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Venice Beach Boardwalk, Los Angeles, CA 90291
This is what everyone wants to see... VENICE. The Venice Beach bike path is parallel to the boardwalk. We ride along next to the boardwalk to view the vendor shops and eclectic people and all the coolest spots along the beach.
Listed times overlap for a total tour of 2.5 to 3 hours.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Venice Skatepark, 1500 Ocean Front Walk, Los Angeles, CA 90291-3606
From morning until sunset you'll see gravity defying things. This is the #1 skatepark in California. See if you can get a shot of one of the skaters catching some air.
This 15 minutes overlaps with time spent on Venice beach and the boardwalk.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Venice art walls, 1800 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, Los Angeles, CA
Legal graffiti park where the art comes and goes in a swirl of artistic street art talent. If you see a masterpiece that you love, get that photo now. It could be gone tomorrow.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Venice Canals Walkway, Washigton Blvd. & Dell Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90292
The Venice canals are a hidden gem. Bicycle is the best way to see this quaint neighborhood. We'll show you why they call it Venice and tell you how these canals got here. I bet you'll want a photo.
20 minutes for the Canals pulls us away from the beach for a few blocks but that time is part of the 3 hour total time.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Muscle Beach Venice, 1800 Ocean Front Walk, Los Angeles, CA 90401-3124
Famous because Arnold Schwarzenegger used to work out here. Hear pop culture stories and view the body builders. Photo Op.
We don't actually enter the bodybuilder workout area but viewing is free. Feast your eyes :)
15 minutes overlaps with longer times listed
Close for renovation until March 2020. Still worth a peek.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Santa Monica State Beach, Ocean Ave at Colorado Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90401
Roughly 50% of the tour is in Santa Monica along the beach with the other 50% in Venice.
1 to 1.5 hours spent in SM overlaps with shorter times listed for specific stops.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Santa Monica Bay, Santa Monica, CA 90401
This is a beach bike tour, the beach cities of Los Angeles are Santa Monica Beach and Venice beach both along Santa Monica Bay. We ride the length of both beaches on the beach bike path enjoying the sand, sound of the surf and all that there is to see.
This 3 hours is the entire tour time and all other attraction times overlap within this 3 hours.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Santa Monica Looff Hippodrome, 200 Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica, CA 90401-3126
This is the home of the Santa Monica carousel. One of the last wooden carousels in the world. A hand carved beauty. You've seen this building in movies and TV shows. We don't typically go inside but by request we can carve out time for a photo or a spin. Admission is included.
10 to 15 minutes overlaps with longer times and is part of the 3 hour total tour time.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Pacific Park, 380 Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica, CA 90401-3128
Site for your iconic Santa Monica Photo Op with ferris wheel & rollercoaster as the background.
Pacific Park is on Santa Monica pier. There is no biking on the Pier but BY REQUEST we can make time for a quick stroll. For the full Pacific Park experience make some time before or after your tour. The pier is just 1.2 miles (2KM) from our starting and ending point.
Pass By: L.A.'s Iconic Lifeguard Towers, Santa monica beach, Santa Monica, CA
All along the beach standing like sentinels are the iconic lifeguard towers. You've seen them in movies, on the internet, in TV shows, commercials and more. We can appreciate them as we roll on by or by special request get close for a photo. You may get sand in your shoes or go barefoot for this shot.
Departure Point :Pedal or Not Electric Bike Tours, 214 Pier Ave east of Main Street, Santa Monica, CA 90405, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- MUST be comfortable riding a bike
- Photos will be taken during your tour, edited and emailed to you within 7 days after your tour
- Minimum age is 13 years; must be at least 5 feet tall (152 cm) and weigh a minimum of 100 lbs (45 kg)
- Maximum weight 250lbs (113kg). Bikes are safety rated up to 250 pounds.
- Children ages 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult
- We recommend you wear closed-toed shoes, sunscreen and sunglasses, and bring a jacket (all bikes have a saddlebags for storage)
- Tours do not operate in rain
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- -Bikes sanitized before each tour with focus on touch points: grips, brake levers, bell & seat -Social distancing with space one behind the other -Helmets required and provided sanitized after every ride -Activity takes place outdoors. Very limited time indoors if any -Restroom sanitized frequently
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.