Private Escape To The Atlas Mountains: A unique cultural day out of Marrakech
Once you’ve explored the bustling Medina of Marrakech, it may be time to escape the city for a while, and discover more of the magic of Morocco. Marrakech lies in the foothills of the snow-capped High Atlas, North Africa’s greatest mountain range, and one of the most beautiful regions of Morocco.
It will be your unique cultural day out of Marrakech
• See the beautiful Moroccan countryside.
• Taste the local delicacy of mint tea.
• Enjoy a regional meal with a local family or at a local restaurant.
• Camel ride experience
• Flexible hike in the Atlas Mountains (1 to 3 hours)
• Incredible views down valleys dotted with tiny Berber villages
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transport to and from the Atlas Mountains.
- Tea in a local Berber home.
- A friendly, professional tour guide/driver for your own private group.
- Atlas Mountains local guide
- A Traditional 3 course Moroccan lunch
- Camel ride
- Plenty of time to take photos of your favourite places
- Entry/Admission - Ourika Valley
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drink beyond the scope of the tour
- Tipping (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ourika Valley, Ourika Morocco
ESCAPE TO THE ATLAS MOUNTAINS
Once you’ve explored the bustling Medina, haggled for bargains in the sprawling souks and mingled in the crowds of Djemma El Fna square, it may be time to escape the city for a while, and discover more of the magic of Morocco. Marrakech lies in the foothills of the snow-capped High Atlas, North Africa’s greatest mountain range, and one of the most beautiful regions of Morocco.
Majestic Ourika Valley
With its high plateaus, sharp peaks and deep valleys, the dramatic landscape of the High Atlas will offer you some breathtaking views during this driving and hiking tour to the Ourika valley. You’ll make frequent stops in the Berber villages, douars, that populate this green hillside, discovering the rural traditions that still remain in these indigenous settlements. Your guide will show you inside one such Berber home, offering a rest on your walk and a chance to share a customary mint tea with your hosts. Look out for the stunning view of Mount Toubkal, the highest peak of the High Atlas.
Continuing on your drive up the small mountain roads, you’ll reach the riverside village of Setti Fatma. A scenic spot nestled in a canyon of the High Atlas, seven waterfalls cascade from the rocky hillside above the village. Your guide will lead you to these refreshing pools by a route tailored to your needs, with walks ranging from easy strolls to challenging stream hikes. Enjoy the cooling breeze as you climb higher into the mountains, offering a welcome relief from Marrakech’s sultry heat. Relax after the climb with a traditional lunch at a riverside restaurant, before returning to Marrakech in the late afternoon.
This tour is suitable for everyone, with the amount of walking or hiking being tailored to your individual preference.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Mount Toubkal, Morocco
Get stunning views of Mount Toubkal
Departure Point :Hôtel Ali, Rue Moulay Ismail, Marrakech 40000, Morocco
Traveler pickup is offered
You will see a member of our team holding a sign with the company name on it (Deep Morocco Tours)
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.