Private Evening Tour: Food, Comedy, Markets and Culture in Mandalay
Book this private sunset tour of Mandalay comprising of Burmese puppetry, monks in prayer, local markets and Burmese BBQ! A captivating local experience which will commence with you soaking up the night market atmosphere at various spots throughout the city and witness monks chanting at a monastery. Finish off with a belly full of authentic Burmese food and a cold beer while being entertained by a group of professional artists who are reviving the dying art of Burmese puppetry
per adult from
6 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Street food BBQ and local beer
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Entry/Admission - Moustache Brothers
What's excluded :
- Any additional drinks
- You will be picked up at your hotel in Mandalay at 3:30 pm and start this exciting evening tour. Be prepared for an evening in Myanmar full of laughter, culture, local markets and top it off with some delicious Burmese BBQ and beer. Commence the evening with your English-speaking local guide who will show you some of the vibrant local markets Mandalay has to offer.
Visit the Ayerawaddy River to witness the fish market come to life with the sounds of merchants bartering with buyers for their catch of the day. Baskets full of fish from the river are sprawled around the market amongst trishaws, motorcycles and small trucks. After the fish market a visit to the fragrant filled and colorful flower market will certainly appeal more to your sense of smell. Walk around and admire the exotic array of flowers on offer that are typically used as offerings for the pagodas and shrines in the area. Move on to a vegetable market and see the fresh locally grown produce farmed and sold to the local community.
Once you have finishing immersing yourself in the market atmosphere you take a short trip to a nearby monastery which welcomes you with the hypnotic sounds of monks chanting evening prayers. Now to completely satisfy all of your senses we travel to a local Burmese BBQ Restaurant and beer garden to indulge in a flavorsome dinner and try some of the local brew.
To top off the night you have a chance to see a group of professional artists who are reviving the dying art of Burmese puppetry.
Departure Point :Your centrally located hotel in Mandalay
Return Detail :Your centrally located hotel in Mandalay
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Group discount is available for group size of 4 or more
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.