Private Excursion - Monastery Ostrog in Montenegro from Dubrovnik
Ostrog monastery is situated in the rock at 900 meters above sea level between Niksic and Podgorica, in Montenegro. Only during the summer months: in July, August and September, between 250.000 and 300.000 worshipers and visitors visit this monastery, making it one of the largest Orthodox shrine, not only in the Balkans, but also the whole of Europe. The monastery was declared a UNESCO valuable cultural goods in which there are frescoes from the 17th century. In monastery there is grenade from World War II from the time of the German bombing, which fortunately did not explode although earlier broke through the fence and wall of the church of the Holy Cross.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Departure from Dubrovnik is at 7 am. Your driver will pick you up from your hotel in the early morning and your smooth ride to Monastery Ostrog can start. During your ride you will enjoy beautiful sights of Boka Bay where you will have free time for breakfast. After breakfast your ride will continue, and just before city of Niksic you will have opportunity to see Salt Lake, one of the biggest in Niksic area. After half hour drive from Niksic you will get to Ostrog monastery. You will have free time to explore the monastery and see grapevine rising from the stone, Holy Cross church, The relics of St. Basil and to enjoy astonishing view from 900m cliff. After exploring the monastery your driver will drive you to a local restaurant where you can taste local specialities. After lunch time your jurney continue to Trebinje, town in southern Bosnia and Herzegovina where you can enjoy beautifull nature. After short break in Trebinje you will continue your trip to Dubrovnik and your driver will drive you to your hotel.
Departure Point :Customers accommodation
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Customers accommodation
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.