Private Excursion - National Park Skadar Lake from Dubrovnik
Skadar lake is the largest lake in the Balkans and also the only national park dominated by aquatic and wetland ecosystems. North swampy coast (about 20,000 ha) offers ideal conditions for the development of wildlife, especially bird life. On the lake lives, nests, wintering or moved 281 species of birds, but Lake has the status of areas of international importance for birds (IBA) and is located on the world list of aquatic habitats of international importance (RAMSAR). In the park are 48 species of fish, 50 species of mammals, numerous amphibians, reptiles and insects. Skadar Lake has a rich history and culture, as evidenced by numerous archaeological sites, medieval Manastir and churches, fortifications and folk architecture (fishing villages, old bridges, mills and wells).
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees (boat ride and ticket for National park - 15 Euro/pp)
- Departure from Dubrovnik is at 7 am. Your driver will pick you up from your hotel in the early morning and your smooth ride to National park Skadar lake can start. You will have opportunity to enjoy the beautiful view of Boka bay and small costal towns. Your first break is in Kotor where you will have walking tour of the Old town guided by experienced local guide. After walking tour your ride continue to Skadar lake. When you arrive to National park Skadar lake you will be able to go on a boat tour. During boat tour you can experience pure nature and enjoy bird watching. On the lake lives, nests, wintering or moved 281 species of birds, 48 species of fish and 50 species of mammals. During your boat tour you will have opportunity to taste homemade fritters, brandy and wine. One of the most interesting sights during your boat tour is island Grmozur, where you can see fortification that dates back from 1843. It was used as a prison in the Principality of Montenegro. Well preserved, far from the land, any escape from it was deemed impossible, which is why some people used to call it "the Montenegrin Alcatraz". After your boat tour it is time for lunch in local restaurant. After lunch, your driver will drive you back to panorama of St. Stefan, small island in Budva county which is very popular with tourists for its beauty. After short break at panorama your journey continue to Dubrovnik. Your driver will drive you to your hotel and your excursion is done.
Departure Point :Customers accommodation
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Customers accommodation
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.