Private Excursion - National Park Skadar Lake from Kotor
If you decide to book this excursion you will have opportunity to discover Skadar lake, the largest lake in the Balkans and also the only national park dominated by aquatic and wetland ecosystems. North swampy coast (about 20,000 ha) offers ideal conditions for the development of wildlife, especially bird life. On the lake lives, nests, wintering or moved 281 species of birds, but Lake has the status of areas of international importance for birds (IBA) and is located on the world list of aquatic habitats of international importance (RAMSAR). In the park are 48 species of fish, 50 species of mammals, numerous amphibians, reptiles and insects. Skadar Lake has a rich history and culture, as evidenced by numerous archaeological sites, medieval Manastir and churches, fortifications and folk architecture (fishing villages, old bridges, mills and wells).
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- National Park fees
- Snack on the boat
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Boat cruise
- Private tour
- Transport by private air conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Departure from Kotor is at 9:30am. Your driver and tour guide will pick you up in front of your hotel and your excursion to National Park Skadar Lake can start. During your ride to Skadar Lake you will have opportunity to see beautiful coastline and small maritime towns while your tour guide will tell you more about Montenegro and National Park. Upon your arrival to city of Virpazar your tour guide will take you to the river bank from where you will start your boat cruise on the Skadar Lake. During your cruise you can see many birds making their nests, former prison on the island in the middle of the lake and you will have opportunity to taste homemade fritters, cheese, honey, wine and brandy. At the end of your cruise you will have free time on the lake to enjoy bautiful nature or to take a swim. After your cruise finish you will have lunch in the restaurant close to the river where local cook will prepare fish from the Skadar Lake. After lunch continue your ride back to your hotel where your driver will drop you off.
Departure Point :Your accommodation
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Your accommodation
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.