Private Excursion to Vjetrenica Cave from Dubrovnik
If you decide to book this private excursion to Vjetrenica Cave you will have opportunity to visit one of the most famous caves not just in Bosnia and Herzegovina but in Europe. While driving to Vjetrenica cave you will enjoy great panoramic view on Elaphite Islands and after visiting Vjetrenica Cave you will be able to enjoy in traditional cuisine and homemade sweets.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee and lunch (35 € per person)
- Departing from Dubrovnik, head towards the Majkovi. Stop at the photo panorama Gajina, where there is a beautiful view of the Elafiti islands. Continue your trip to Ravno, small village close to Vjetrenica cave.
Underground habitats of Vjetrenica make cave channels, cracks, groundwater. Vjetrenica is the most famous cave in Bosnia and Herzegovina, protected natural monument and tourist destination in the southeastern part of Herzegovina. A total of approximately 6,700 meters of underground channels and corridors. Speleological peculiarities of this unique cave are specific beauty, wide corridors and halls, many clusters of icicles, and a rich hydrographic world with many lakes, several waterfalls, more permanent streams and dozens of smaller periodic streams which flow different directions. Particularly attractive is the phenomenon of strong wind at the entrance and the significant flow of air in several places in the interior, as well as the ancient collapsing ceilings gigantic proportions. Protected natural monument since 1950, and in 1981 declared a geomorphological nature reserve. Vjetrenica is characterized by extremely rich cave world, in which is recorded more than 200 different animal species, of which more than 90 troglobites (animal fully adapted to life in the underworld), making it the first in the world for biodiversity.
After visiting the cave you will go for lunch in a local restaurant and taste the local specialties such as meat under the bell and sweet liqueurs (not included in price).
After lunch, head back down the Popovo field, where you will make a break for a photo panorama. After the photo panoramas, drive back to Dubrovnik.
Departure Point :Your accommodation in Dubrovnik
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Your accommodation in Dubrovnik
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.