Private Experience in Rotterdam: Walking Tour & Harbor Cruise
Visit Rotterdam, the city famous for its innovative architecture. To many this non-touristy city has the most impressive skyline in Holland and maybe even in Europe. ‘Rotterdam is to architecture, what Paris is to fashion and Los Angeles to entertainment’ (New York Times).
Upon arrival, set off on a private guided walking tour and pass by the Old Harbor with its historical ships and the ‘forest’ cube-shaped apartments. The tour ends at the Markthal. Enjoy some personal time to grab a bite, explore the city center or St Lawrence Church, the last medieval remnant in the city center.
Instead of personal time, you can also opt to visit the 607 ft high Euromast tower. The elevator takes you to the top from where you have an amazing bird’s eye view over the city.
Finally, embark on a harbor cruise and enjoy a 75-min tour through one of the largest seaports in the world. Be amazed by the impressive skyline, the imposing buildings, and the ultramodern handling of thousands of containers.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private, comfortable and corona-proof transportation
- Hotel pick-up & drop off anywhere in (Greater) Amsterdam
- Private guide for 8 hours
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly and to maintain social distancing
- 1hr Private guided walking tour of Rotterdam
- Admission Cube-House
- 75 min. harbor cruise
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- * Option to customize the experience to your preferences and interests (e.g. timings etc).
- Entry/Admission - Kijk-Kubus
- Entry/Admission - Spido BV
What's excluded :
- Guide gratuity (up to you!)
- Admission Euromast (it is a suggestion for your personal time)
- Entry/Admission - Euromast Tower
- Entry/Admission - Grote of Sint-Laurenskerk
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Amsterdam, Amsterdam, North Holland Province
Enjoy the comfort of pick-up & drop-off anywhere in (Greater) Amsterdam for your private party of maximum six travelers (including children).
We are very flexible with pick-up & drop-off. The drop-off address doesn't have to be the same as pick-up. We have space for luggage in our vehicle, so this experience can be used as transportation at the same time.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Randstad, Netherlands
Travel from Amsterdam in the province of North-Holland to its rival city of Rotterdam in province of South-Holland. Together these provinces form the famous Holland and take up the biggest part of the Randstad. The non-touristy city of Rotterdam has been the second largest city in the Netherlands for many years. But whereas Amsterdam feels more like a village, Rotterdam is the Dutch city with international allure and waiting for you to be discovered.
Enjoyment starts already on the way to Rotterdam, when you watch the Dutch ‘flat-as-a-pancake’ landscape pass by while your guide shares all sorts of interesting information about the Netherlands with you.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Rotterdam, Rotterdam, South Holland Province
Rotterdam is (inter)nationally known for its innovative architecture. This is because when in May 1940 the city center was heavily bombed, the city was redesigned instead of rebuilt as it once was. Now, a new city has arisen, full of modern architecture, with according to many the most impressive skyline in the Netherlands and maybe even in Europe.
Upon arrival, set off on a private guided walking tour and pass by the old harbor and the forest of cube-shape apartments. After the walking tour you have some personal time for your own explorations or to grab a bite at the iconic Markthal. Continue then to the riverside where you embark on a cruise taking you to one of the world’s largest seaports.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Old Harbour, Oude Haven, Rotterdam The Netherlands
The Old Harbor in the Maritime District is not only home to beautiful historical ships, but also to the historical shipyard with slipway De Koningspoort. If possible and the yard is open, you can walk into the yard to have a look at the historical ships that are in drydock.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Kijk-Kubus, Overblaak 70, 3011 MH Rotterdam The Netherlands
During the walking tour, your guide will lead the way through the ‘forest’ of 38 cube-shaped apartments on hexagonal pylons. These apartments are designed by Piet Blom and are full of architectural oddities. Experience how the locals in the rest of this complex live and have a look inside the one that is open to visitors!
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Markthal, Dominee Jan Scharpstraat 298, 3011 GZ Rotterdam The Netherlands
De MarktHal is one of the city's signature buildings and is the first covered market in the Netherlands. It's a place where good food and unique housing is combined. The building was built near the place where Rotterdam was founded in the year 1270. All sorts of medieval artefacts were found during the construction which can be seen downstairs in the building. The walking tour ends at the Markthal where you have some personal to grab a bite or to explore the city center on your own. You can also opt to have your guide take you to the Euromast!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Euromast Tower, Parkhaven 20, 3016 GM Rotterdam The Netherlands
Instead of spending your personal time after the walking tour in the city center, you can also opt to have your guide take you to the Euromast. With a height of 607 ft (185 m) it is the highest tower in the Netherlands that is open to the public. Once you get out of the elevator to the top, you’ll have an amazing bird’s eye view over Rotterdam.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Grote of Sint-Laurenskerk, Grotekerkplein 27, 3011 GC Rotterdam The Netherlands
If you decide to spend your personal time in the city center on your own, you’ll notice one medieval church tower. This is the St. Lawrence Church that was built in the 15th and 16th century in the gothic architectural style. Unfortunately it's the last remaining remnant of medieval Rotterdam. If the church is open you can have a look inside!
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Erasmus Bridge, Erasmusbrug, 3072 Rotterdam The Netherlands
Cross the Erasmus Bridge, or known by locals as ‘the Swan. The bridge is one of Holland's most famous bridges. The bridge is cable-stayed but a drawbridge at the same time. It spans the River Nieuwe Maas and forms an important connection between the northern and southern parts of Rotterdam. The bridge is a well known national landmark and has been featured in Red Bull Air Race as well as the 2010 Tour de France. It's also the home of the annual National Firework show.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Spido BV, Willemsplein 85, 3016 DR Rotterdam, Netherlands
After you have explored the city center or the Euromast, it is time to continue to the riverside. Here you embark on a 75 min harbor cruise through one of the largest seaports in the world.
It is the best way to see how water shapes the cityscape of Rotterdam. Be amazed by the impressive skyline with imposing buildings, unique views of yards, docks, and hopefully also the ultramodern handling of thousands of containers. Sail by SS Rotterdam, the former flagship of the Holland America Line.
During the harbor cruise, explanations are in English, German and French by DVD-audio system.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up and drop-off is offered from any address in (Greater) Amsterdam. We are very flexible with the pick-up address! Calculated from the city of Amsterdam, the pick-up time is around 9:30 am. The exact pick-up time is adjusted accordingly and is based on your preference. A few days prior to the experience we will contact you by email or WhatsApp to finalize the details regarding timings. Drop-off address doesn't have to be the same as pick-up. We have space for luggage in our vehicle so this experience can be used as transportation at the same time!Airports
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Evert van de Beekstraat 202, 1118 CP Schiphol The Netherlands
- Passenger terminal amsterdam, Piet Heinkade, 1019 BR Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Amsterdam River Cruise Port, De Ruijterkade, 1011 Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Hoofddorp Centrum, Winkelcentum Vier Meren, Burgemeester van Stamplein 282, 2132 BH Hoofddorp, Netherlands
- Amstelveen Centrum, Amstelveen, Groenelaan, 1186 AA Amstelveen, Netherlands
- Haarlem Centrum, Centrum, 2011 DA Haarlem, Netherlands
- Provincialeweg 302, 1506 MJ Zaandam, Netherlands
- Vinkeveen, Kerklaan, 3645 EV Vinkeveen, Netherlands
- Sporthal Diemen, Prins Bernhardlaan 2, 1111 ET Diemen, Netherlands
- Weesp, Meidoorneiland, Meidoorneiland 12,, 1382 WB Weesp, Netherlands
- Purmerend Station, Stationsweg 1, 1441 EJ Purmerend, Netherlands
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- During the harbor cruise, explanations are in English, German and French by DVD-audio system.
- 2021 - Max group size is 6 travelers, provided they form one household. In case of two households, the max group size is 4 travelers.
- Pick-up and drop-off in (Greater) Amsterdam, including Schiphol Airport, Amstelveen, Diemen, Haarlem, Weesp, Naarden, Zaandam, Purmerend
- Complimentary use of infant / child car seat(s)
- This experience is customized to your preferences and interests
- No need to print out the voucher
- From June '21 this experience is available again as public experience for maximum four travelers departing from Amsterdam
- Follow us on insta and DM if you have questions!
- 2020 Winner Netherlands Prestige Awards: 'Tour Operator of the Year'
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We adhere to local and national regulation regarding the coronavirus.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.