Private Florence Tour by Luxury Cars: City Highlights or Gregorian Chants
Experience a 90 minutes Florence and Michelangelo square tour on board of our Mercedes Sedan or Minivan.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Live commentary on board
- Prosecco sparkling wine bottle
- Private tour max 8 people in a Mercedes Van - During the Covid 19 restrictions max people are 6
- Entry/Admission - Piazzale Michelangelo
- Entry/Admission - Basilica San Miniato al Monte
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Piazza della Repubblica, Piazza Della Repubblica, Florence Italy
Piazza della Repubblica marks the site of the forum, the centre of the Roman city. The exact present site of the Colonna dell'Abbondanza marks the intersection of the axes of the cardo (now via Roma and via Calimala) and decumanus (now via degli Strozzi, via degli Speziali, and via del Corso). Foundations of a thermae complex on the south side and a religious building were found in the 19th-century demolition of the warren of medieval streets that had encroached upon the site. Via del Campidoglio and Via delle Terme, for example, were named after the archaeological remains beneath them.
The chronicler Giovanni Villani reported an oral tradition that there was a temple to Mars on or near this site, and that Mars was the city's patron god, which determined the city's warlike character. According to Villani, in the Middle Ages a statue of Mars was placed on the predecessor to the Ponte Vecchio, which, along with the bridge, was swept away in the flood of 1333
Stop At: Piazzale Michelangelo, Viale Michelangelo, 50125, Florence Italy
Piazzale Michelangelo (Michelangelo Square) is a square with a panoramic, outstanding view of Florence, Italy, located in the Oltrarno district of the city.
This Florentine piazza was designed by architect Giuseppe Poggi and built in 1869 on a hill just south of the historic center, during the redevelopment of Oltrarno, the left (South) bank of the Arno river. In 1869, Florence was the capital of Italy and the whole city was involved in an urban renewal, the so-called "Risanamento" or the "Renovation" of the city's neighborhoods. Lungarni (riverside walkways; "lungarno", singular) were built on the riversides. On the right bank, the fourteenth-century city walls were removed and turned into the Viali di Circonvallazione, six lanes wide and lined with trees. On the left bank winding up the hill of San Miniato the Viale dei Colli was built, a tree-lined street over 8 kilometers long ending at the Piazzale Michelangelo which was built as a terrace with a panoramic view of the city.
There is a Bronze cast of David facing Florence in the center of the square.
The square, dedicated to the Renaissance sculptor Michelangelo, has bronze copies of some of his marble works found elsewhere in Florence: the David and the four allegories of the Medici Chapel of San Lorenzo. The monument was brought up by nine pairs of oxen on 25 June 1873.
Poggi designed the loggia in the neoclassical-style that dominates the whole terrace, which today houses a restaurant. Originally it was intended to house a museum of works by Michelangelo, never realized. In the wall of the balcony, under the loggia, there is an epigraph in capital letters referring to his work: Poggi turned this into his monument in 1911.
The view captures the heart of Florence from Forte Belvedere to Santa Croce, across the lungarni and the bridges crossing the Arno, including the Ponte Vecchio, the Duomo, Palazzo Vecchio, the Bargello and the octagonal bell tower of the Badia Fiorentina. Beyond the city are the hills of Settignano and Fiesole.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Basilica San Miniato al Monte, Via delle Porte Sante 34, 50125, Florence Italy
Enjoy the Monks of the San Miniato Church singing their Gregorian chants.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Hotel Boccaccio, Via della Scala, 59, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
Departure Time :6:15 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Our cars are sanitized with specif products and sterilized by ozone saturation before each tour
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.