Private Food Tour: Eat Like A Parsi In Mumbai
On this food tour discover Parsi cuisine in Mumbai. Accompanied by a guide sample famous Parsi dishes at family-run Iranian cafes that are the oldest and most sought-after eateries in Mumbai. Also get an insight into the culture of this prominent community, an important part of Mumbai’s legacy.
• Walk past the Parsi buildings of Mumbai
• Learn about the history and culture of the Parsi community
• Lunch at Britannia Restaurant
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Lunch (beverage excluded)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parsi Dairy Farm, 261/63, Shamaldas Gandhi Marg, Marine lines, Navajeevan Wadi, Sonapur, Marine Lines, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400002, India
You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to Metro cinema, the starting point of your culinary tour.
During the tour we will be decoding the Parsi legacy and getting to know more about their eternal love story with Mumbai. Parsis are members of the Zoroastrian community who fled to India between the 8th and 10th century A.D. to escape persecution following the Muslim conquest of their homeland in Persia. Today they are an integral part of the society in Mumbai, who have preserved their cultural identity over the centuries.
From Metro Cinema walk to a hundred-year old bakery and sample some of their famous puff pastries, watermelon juice and bun maska.
Stop for a while for a quick special kulfi, a popular frozen dairy dessert at the Parsi Dairy Farm.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, DN Road Mumbai CST Area, Mumbai 400001 India
After that continue walking to Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, formerly known as Victoria Terminus, one of the most majestic Victorian-Gothic buildings in India.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Parsi Panchayat Road, Parsi Panchayat Rd, Mogra Village, Sahyadri Colony, Jogeshwari East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400053, India
Continue along the Old Fort road and observe the old Parsi buildings, including the Parsi Panchayat, the headquarters of the Parsi community in Mumbai.
Next visit the legendary Britannia & Company restaurant, serving food influenced by Iranian and Parsi cuisine. Enjoy a lunch choosing from the famous dishes on the menu.
After lunch you will be driven back to your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Mumbai Airport, Maharashtra 400099, Mumbai India
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- Minimum permissible age is 15 years.
- Vegetarian option is available. Please advise at time of booking if required.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.