Private Full-Day 4-in-1 Tour from Mandalay
Join this private full-day tour to Mingun, Inwa (Ava) and Sagaing from Mandalay. You will explore and visit to many historical buildings and popular attractions. You will learn the history of some beautiful pagodas and great photo opportunities.
In Inwa (Ava), you will take a horse cart for sightseeing as Burmese people still use the horse carriage for their daily work. We provide round-trip transfer from your hotel and 2 boat rides to Inwa (Ava) and Mingun.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour guide
- Private boat transport to Mingun
- Shared return boat transport to Inwa (Ava)
- Private horse cart to explore Inwa (Ava)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by private, climate-controlled car
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Lunch and drinks
- Other services or sightseeing places not mentioned in the itinerary
- Entrance Fees
- This private full day trip starts with a pickup at your hotel lobby around 8am, then head to the jetty. We will embark on a private boat to Mingun. Mingun can be reached by both car and boat, its take approximately 1-hour from Mandalay.
Upon arrival at Mingun, our professional English speaking guide will take you to Pahtodawgi Pagoda (Mingun Paya), it is an incomplete monument stupa in Mingun. Adjacent to the pagoda is the Mingun Bell, the world’s 2nd largest bell and still in good ringing condition. You are allowed to ring it so quite fun especially for children. Next, we visit Myatheindan Pagoda (Hsinbyume Pagoda) which is snow white in colour. Resembles the description of Mount Meru. Please remember to take some beautiful and stunning photos here.
We will drive to Inwa (Ava) which lies at the confluence of the Irrawaddy and the MyintNge Rivers just a few miles south of Mandalay. You will then take a local boat to the former capital of Inwa (Ava), located on an island between the Irrawaddy and the Myitnge Rivers, 13 miles (21km) south of Mandalay.
When reaching Inwa (Ava), we will ride a horse cart through the ancient city walls to visit Maha Aungmye Bonzan – a brick and stucco monastery. You will then climb up the top of Nanmyin Watchtower to have lovely views over the river. We will proceed to the impressive wooden monastery of Bagaya Kyaung, former "monastic college" for the royals. If time permits, visit some local handicraft workshops of silk weaving, mats and alms bowls.
We will drive to Sagaing, 12 miles (20km) southwest of Mandalay. The hill rises above the river giving great views in every direction. It is dotted with stupas, temples and monasteries. Next, we visit the glittering Soon U Ponya Shin Paya, a very beautiful temple with its pagoda and stunning view of the surrounding area and overlooking Ayeyarwaddy River.
Finally, we will stop at U Min Thonze Pagoda. Inside the main hall there are 45 identical Budda's carved in situ for rock in an original cave. The tour will end around 6pm and you will be transferred back to you hotel with a wonderful experience.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Your hotel in MandalayDates: DailyReturn point: Your hotel in Mandalay
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Please wear a comfortable walking shoes
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.