Private Full-Day Canadian Vimy and Somme Battlefield Tour from Brussels
Stand in the tunnels where Canadian troops stood before the assault on Vimy Ridge and visit the Canadian and German trenches. You will see the scattered landscape of the Newfoundland Memorial Park in Beaumont Hamel. Thiepval Memorial, Courcelette Canadian Memorial will also be visited.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel drop-off
- Bottled water
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kortrijk Station (NMBS), Stationsplein, 8500 Kortrijk, Belgium
We will meet at the train station of Kortrijk, after the tour I will bring you back to your hotel in Central Brussels
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Canadian National Vimy Memorial, Chemin des Canadiens Route D55, 62580 Givenchy-en-Gohelle France
You will visit the Memorial, walk in the Canadian and German trenches, see the newly built visitor centre and will go down in the Grange Tunnel where Canadian troops stood hours before the battle on 9 April 1917.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Courcelette Canadian Memorial, Nord Route Nationale, 80300 Courcelette France
Styand on the battlefield where Canadian troops fought at the fall of 1916.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Lochnagar Crater, Route de la Grande Mine, 80300 Ovillers-la-Boisselle France
Stand near the crater, it is the result of an underground explosion.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Beaumont-Hamel Newfoundland Memorial, Rue de l'Eglise, 80300 Beaumont-Hamel France
Walk along the trenches in which the New Foundland troops were on 1 July 1916, stand near the Caribu, walk along the Danger tree, Y Ravine and the Memorial to the 51st Highland Division before heading back to Brussels.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Stationsplein, 8500 Kortrijk, Belgium
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Brussels, Belgium
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Vehicles are cleaned and sanitized after every tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.