Private Full-Day Canyoneering Tour in Moab
Desert Highlights is Moab's original canyoneering guide service. This full day canyoneering tour visits a route that Desert Highlights' founder created as a technical guided canyoneering route in the late 1990's. Here, we explore an area that most people would not visit on their own. With the use of ropes and other technical gear, a competent guide and a sense of adventure, we are able to explore areas that are otherwise inaccessible. The Moab desert is our home and we are passionate about sharing it with others. During your guided tour, you will not only safely descend a beautiful, water-carved canyon, but you will learn about the flora and fauna, geology and history of the area that we are so lucky to call our backyard.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private tour and personalized attention
- Professional, experienced and fun guide
- All necessary canyoneering gear including harness and helmet
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Please bring enough food to be out and active for 6-8 hours
- Bottled water - We recommend bringing between 2 and 3 liters of water per person.
Arrive at Desert Highlights where your guide will outfit you with all of the necessary gear and drive your group to the start of the canyon. We'll hike, climb, and scramble up to the top of a canyon to reach an expansive area covered in ancient sand dunes. We'll hike across these dunes to reach our canyon where we'll stage our first rappel - a nice, 30 foot drop that serves as an excellent intro to rappelling. Desert Highlights has experienced and knowledgeable guides that will literally "show you the ropes", ensuring your safety and teaching you everything you need to know to descend the canyon safely. From here, we'll make our way through a short, but beautiful cork-screw slot and enjoy a nice, big ledge atop our final rappel - a 220 foot descent! With competent leadership, this rappel is a safe and exciting way to end the day!
This tour is suitable for adventurous beginners and experienced canyoneers alike. We are extremely passionate about our backyard and you'll gain knowledge and respect for our desert environment while out on your Moab canyoneering adventure! This tour typically lasts anywhere from 6 to 8 hours.
Departure Point :Desert Highlights, 16 S 100 E, Moab, UT 84532, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Please visit www.deserthighlights.com/covid-19 for more measures that we are taking and asking you to take in order to do our part in minimizing the risk of transmission of Covid-19.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.