Private Full Day Castel Gandolfo with Papal Villas and lunch at the Albano Lake
After a few days of sightseeing in Rome, it’s time to take a day-trip out of the city and enjoy an unforgettable experience!
Enjoy a morning visit to the Pontifical Villas in Castel Gandolfo, the ancient papal residence, a panoramic tour of the volcano lake on your private minivan and a typical lunch in a restaurant with an incredible view.
The best part of your tour will be in the afternoon, where you will have the opportunity to relax on the shore of a wonder of nature: the Lake Albano.
If you are looking for a something cultural but at the same time relax at short distance from Rome, here is probably what you need!
per adult from
What's included :
- Tickets for round-trip train Roma Termini-Castel Gandolfo.
- Skip the line entrance to the Pontifical villas with audio guide and golf cart for the gardens.
- Tour Leader with meeting at the Rome Termini station.
- Lunch - Lunch in a typical restaurant on the lakeside: The menu includes a starter, one first and second course of your choice. Water is included. Other bevarages will not be included.
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Pontifical Villas of Castel Gandolfo
- Entry/Admission - I Quadri
What's excluded :
- Sun beds, equipment rent at the beach.
- Alcoholic Beverages - Other bevarages outside of water are excluded.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pontifical Villas of Castel Gandolfo, 00040 Castel Gandolfo Italy
At Castel Gandolfo train station you will be transferred to the breathtaking Pontifical villas, that served for centuries as a summer residence and vacation retreat for the Pope. Here, you will have the unique chance to visit the private rooms of the Pope with audioguide and the wonderful Barberini gardens on a golf cart.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Castel Gandolfo, Castel Gandolfo, Province of Rome, Lazio
After the visit to the Pontifical Villas, enjoy some free time strolling in the streets of the old town of Castel Gandolfo, between local shops and stunning views. You are 25 kilometres (16 mi) southeast of Rome, on a height on the Alban Hills overlooking Lake Albano. Castel Gandolfo has a population of approximately 9000 residents and is considered one of Italy's most scenic towns.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: I Quadri, Via dei Pescatori, 21, 00073 Castel Gandolfo RM, Italy
Jump on your private van that will take you on a wonderful panoramic tour of the volcano lake of Albano. You will be accompanied around the lake and get the chance to appreciate the view and the beautiful nature of this place. After a 25 minute drive you will reach the lunch destination on the lakeshore. This little restaurant is a great location and offers tasty local food. Included is one starter, a first and a second course at your choice. After lunch, enjoy some free time at the lake with the chance to do activities such as sunbathing, dive, go for walks and hiking around the lake. Rent a kayak or take a boat around the lake.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Lake Albano, 00040 Castel Gandolfo, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
Take a break in the beautiful bathhouse on the shores of the lake, just a few meters from the restaurant.
Diving in the waters of the lake you will enjoy an incredible experience in full contact with nature that you will never forget.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Roma Termini, Piazza dei Cinquecento, 1, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.