Private Full-Day Chilean Treasures Nature Tour: Alpacas and Penguins
A Spectacular Tour of Chile's Beautiful Central Coastline Visiting Small Villages and Coves, an an Alpaca Farm, and even spot some Penguins in Cachagua!!
- 9-Hour Private Tour
- Free Pick-up and Drop-off from any Hotel, Airbnb, and Residence in Santiago
- Free Airport Pick-up or Drop-off on Tour Day
- Professional & Multilingual Guide
- Modern & Comfortable Van
- Alpaca Farm
- Towns of Cachagua, Zapallar, Llay Llay
- Stroll along a stone path following the coastline and spot Humboldt Penguins on Penguin Island in Cachagua or take a small boat ride for closer viewing (weather-permitting)
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Multilingual Guide
- Private Transport
- Bottled water
- Entrance to Alpaca Farm
- Entry/Admission - Quintessence Alpacas
What's excluded :
- Optional Gratuity for Guide
- Optional One-Hour Private Boat Ride Around Penguin Island - $60.000 CLP per group to be paid on-site
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Quintessence Alpacas, La Estancilla, Parcela 14, Casilla 73, Llaillay 2220000 Chile
After your hotel pick up, we venture to the countryside where we will visit the largest privately-owned alpaca farm in Chile. Indulge in the luxury of nature and discover this beautiful animal up close. You will see the entire alpaca wool production process and enjoy a broad selection of exclusive creations and handmade alpaca wool items that portray the patrimony and spirit of the Andean culture, which is the World of Alpaca.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Isla Los Pinguinos Cachagua, Avenida Del Mar, Zapallar Chile
We then continue to the Pacific coastline to the town of Cachagua. We will be a stone’s throw from “Penguin Island” where on most days we will be able to catch glimpses of penguins by the naked eye or using binoculars. We will walk on a beautifully carved pathway to a small cove with gorgeous views of the ocean.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Zapallar, Zapallar, Valparaiso Region
Afterwards, we will have time for lunch (not included) in the quiet seaside resort town of Zapallar. This tour is a “must do” for anyone wanting to experience the essence of Chile!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Free pick up from any location in SantiagoAirports
- Arturo Merino Benitez Airport, Santiago Chile
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The order of sites visited may vary.
- Penguin sightings from the shore are most common during the summer months of November to March. During these months there are several hundred penguins on the island. Between April and October, the penguin population reduces to only a dozen or so. Therefore, please be aware that during these months it may not be possible to see the penguins on the island from the shore. Throughout the year, as an alternative to seeing the penguins on the island as we walk along the shore, you will have the option of taking a one-hour private boat ride around the island (weather permitting) for closer viewing of the penguins. This is an additional $60.000 Chilean Pesos per group (up to 7 people) and payment must be made in cash directly at the dock on the tour date. Please note your interest in taking this optional boat ride when you complete the reservation form. This option is not recommended for those that suffer from motion or sea sickness.
- Infant seats available
- Although this is a private tour with your own vehicle and guide, there may be other visitors at the alpaca farm, which is beyond our control.
- In order to sight the penguins it is necessary to walk around 1,500 feet on the beach, so we recommend wearing appropriate footwear.
- Please bring a light jacket as the weather may be cooler on the coast even in summertime.
- Most travelers can participate
- Your health is our priority. All of our tours include private transportation in order to maintain social distancing in compliance with the U.N. World Health Organization’s Guidelines to Restart Tourism (25 May 2020). You will be the only guests in the tour van. We also provide hand sanitizer and masks are available for all guests.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Your health is our priority. All of our tours include private transportation in order to maintain social distancing. You will be the only guests in the tour van. We also provide hand sanitizer and masks are available for all guests.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.