Private Full Day Cultural Safari Tour from Punta Cana
Venture for a half or full day of new experiences - a true Dominican cultural exchange. Resorts are relaxing and wonderful without a doubt, but there is so much more to be offered! Country Express gives you the opportunity to see more of the Dominican Republic with a knowledgeable guide to assist you along the way.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Unlimited drinks (open bar)
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Macao Beach
What's excluded :
- DVD (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: La Basílica, Higüey 23000, Dominican Republic
Next you'll enter Higuey to visit the Basilica, a Roman Catholic Cathedral dedicated to Lady Altagracia, the patron saint of the Dominican Republic. Pay just $1 to enter and walk around this famous, impressive structure. From here, make way back into the countryside to enjoy a buffet style Dominican lunch overlooking gorgeous mountain scenery, if full-day option selected. With bellies full of rice, beans and meat, take a quick visit to the river to relax for a minute.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Anamuya 23000, Dominican Republic
Be whisked away from your resort to the authentic side of the country. Drive through the countryside and make a first stop to visit a local Dominican family and their plantation. Here you'll be introduced to the typical lifestyle of a Dominican and learn about the crops that they depend on economically. Your tour guide will walk you through the home and talk to some of the family members to share their culture with you. Then you'll take a guided stroll through the property, learning about the process of growing and making coffee, along with chocolate, coconut oil, various fruits, vegetables and local vegetation.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Macao Beach, Punta Cana 23000 Dominican Republic
On the way to the beach you'll visit a local school, learn about the school system and understand more about the childrens' day to day life. Your tour guide can answer questions while you take a look from outside, as they wouldn't want to interrupt. Moving from the country, head to the famous Macao Beach, giving you a well-rounded experience of this truly eclectic country. Spend almost an hour swimming in the gorgeous water and enjoy the scenery. Refreshments are available and make sure to take lots of pictures. You don't get to see this incredible aquamarine colored water just anywhere! As your cultural experience comes to an end, take time to reflect on what you learned and your new appreciation for Dominican culture.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :from 7:00 am to 8:30 am in the morning and 13:00 to 14:30 in the afternoon, you will be notified with exact pick up time
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.