Private Full Day Gualaceo and Chordeleg Tour with Lunch from Cuenca
Without a doubt, the Ingapirca Archaeological Complex is the largest and best preserved in Ecuador. Nestled in the dry mountains swept by the wind of the southern mountain range, 80 km north of Cuenca and 3180 meters above sea level.
On the way there are interesting Andean landscapes and people in colorful costumes. Next to the cart we find the famous “cascaritas” typical dish of the area based on pork.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
- Private Tour
- Traditional lunch
What's excluded :
- Personal Expenses
- Entrance Fees
The tour begins with the trip to the picturesque town of San Bartolomé, famous for its guitar making. There are several workshops along the main road. We visited one of
the workshops as well as the central park and its church.
On the way you can see women, the famous Cholas Cuencanas, weaving toquilla straw hats while they walk or wait for the bus. We arrived at the canton of Chordeleg, where the
I work in gold, silver, filigree, wood, ceramics and handicrafts, among others. We visit the central park, its church and have free time to shop.
Then we visit the typical food market of the Gualaceo canton, where you can optionally try the delicious Hornado Pig. Dish made from baked pork
Accompanied with llapingachos (potato) and salad.
We had lunch at a restaurant in the area.
Finally we arrive at a workshop of Shawls or "Macanas" typical attire of our "Chola Cuencana."
The artisans explain the process of making these famous and unique fabrics.
Return to Cuenca.
• Cuenca, Cuenca, Azuay Province
• Gualaceo, Gualaceo, Azuay Province
• Chordeleg, Chordeleg, Azuay Province
Departure Point :Cuenca, Ecuador
Traveler pickup is offered
The guide will pick up you in the lobby of the hotel ( Hotel pick up inside the Urban perimeter ofCuenca)
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- We provide Multilingual guide
- We recommend taking a hat and block sun
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.