Private Full-Day Inca Adventure: Alpacas, Petroglyphs and Wine
Journey to the time of the Inca! Visit the largest alpaca farm in Chile. Venture on a short hike to discover rock drawings from 450 to 1,000 years ago. Sip on some wine at San Esteban Vineyard in the shadow of the Andes!
- Free Pick-up and Drop-off from any Hotel, Airbnb, and Residence in Santiago
- Free Airport Pick-up or Drop-off on Tour Day
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entrance to Alpaca Farm
- Bottled Water
- Entrance to Archaeological Park
- Multilingual Guide
- Private Transportation
- Winery Tour and Classic Wine Tasting at San Esteban Vineyard
- Entry/Admission - Quintessence Alpacas
- Entry/Admission - Paidahuen Park
- Entry/Admission - Vina San Esteban
What's excluded :
- Optional gratuity for guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Quintessence Alpacas, La Estancilla, Parcela 14, Casilla 73, Llaillay 2220000 Chile
This is the ultimate adventure! First, we visit the largest privately-owned alpaca farm in Chile. Indulge in nature and discover this beautiful animal up close. You will see the entire alpaca wool production process and enjoy a broad selection of exclusive creations and handmade alpaca wool items that portray the patrimony and spirit of the Andean culture, which is the World of Alpaca.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Paidahuen Park, La Florida - Las Vizcachas 2220, San Esteban, Los Andes, Valparaíso, Chile
Then, we travel to the foothills of the Andes and stop at Paidahuén Archaeological Park. Paidahuén is an isolated hill located along the northern bank of the Aconcagua River in the rural town of San Esteban. At the top of Paidahuén, visitors will appreciate large rocks adorned with petroglyphs. Full of symbolism and mystery, these rock drawings are the work of native populations dating from 450 to 1,000 years ago. The true meaning of the petroglyphs are unknown, but research has demonstrated that they were not made randomly. From the top of the hill, visitors may ponder unanswered questions while taking the natural context into consideration. Specifically, the relationship between Paidahuén Hill and other peaks in the valley, the hill’s strategic positioning, and the prevalence of north-facing petroglyphs are some of the observations that can help understand the importance of this site.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Vina San Esteban, Avenida La Florida 2220 San Esteban, Los Andes 2100000 Chile
Next, we visit nearby San Esteban Winery for a vineyard tour and tasting. San Esteban is a family-owned and operated producer of high quality wines and table grapes. The vineyard exports to more than 20 countries. Their grapes are planted along the banks of the Aconcagua River and on the surrounding hillsides. This geography creates a micro-climate ideally suited for wine and table grape production, with a soil quality that rivals the best wine-growing regions in South America. After the winery tour and tasting there will be time for lunch (not included), if you choose, at a rustic countryside restaurant called “La Ruca” meaning “house” in the Mapuche Indian language. This tour shows visitors the essence of Chile!
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Free pick up from any location in SantiagoAirports
- Arturo Merino Benitez Airport, Santiago Chile
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- The vineyard may be closed on certain national holidays, including: January 1, September 18 and 19, and December 25. On these dates, we will substitute the vineyard with a visit to the Inca Lagoon.
- The order of sites visited may vary.
- It is necessary to walk uphill on a gradual trail for approximately 20 minutes to reach the petroglyphs at the summit. The climb can be done by a person of any age in good health. Walking poles are provided. This walk is optional and may be omitted if the guest chooses.
- Although this is a private tour with your own vehicle and guide, there may be other visitors at the alpaca farm and vineyard joining you, which is beyond our control.
- Most travelers can participate
- Your health is our priority. All of our tours include private transportation in order to maintain social distancing in compliance with the U.N. World Health Organization’s Guidelines to Restart Tourism (25 May 2020). You will be the only guests in the tour van. We also provide hand sanitizer and masks are available for all guests.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Your health is our priority. All of our tours include private transportation in order to maintain social distancing. You will be the only guests in the tour van. We also provide hand sanitizer and masks are available for all guests.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.