Private Full-Day Pyin Oo Lwin Private Tour from Mandalay
Escape to the colonial-era hill station of Pyin Oo Lwin on a private excursion from Mandalay, and spend the day exploring historic architecture, the manicured Maymyo Botanical Garden, and a complex of Buddhist cave shrines. This full-day tour includes a traditional lunch of local cuisine, as well as a guided hike to a series of waterfalls and lagoons that are ideal for an afternoon swim. Choosing a private tour means the flexibility to set your own pace throughout the day, with plenty of time to see the things that interest you most.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Mandalay Palace
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mandalay Palace, Mandalay Myanmar
At about 8:30am you will be met at your hotel by your guide and transported through the Shan mountains to the town of Pyin Oo Lwin. This colonial hill station is located about an hour and a half from Mandalay and it is here that the British ruling classes went to escape the Mandalay heat during the hot season. Formerly known as Maymo, after Colonel May, stationed there in 1887 ,it retains its charm and history with many colonial buildings still standing all around the city. Although none of them may be singularly remarkable the sum of them is just wonderful, transporting you back to a bygone age. You will visit the immaculately kept National Kandawgyi Botanical Gardens, first established in 1915 as the Maymyo Botanical Gardens by Alex Roger, a Forest Officer and originally modelled after Kew Gardens , England with the help of an amateur gardener called Lady Cuffe, this is now a 177 hectare site , with numerous species of indigenous and foreign plants. Peik Chin Myaung cave, one of the most extensive Buddhist cave complexes, taking about 15 minutes to walk through, no shorts or footwear permitted. From here you will trek down to hidden waterfalls and may enjoy a refreshing swim in the lagoons. During the day you will enjoy a traditional local lunch at a time convenient to you. Then, transfer back to Mandalay you will arrive at your hotel.
Duration: 1 day
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel in Mandalay
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.