Private Full-Day Tour Of Sanchi And Udayagiri From Bhopal With Lunch
On this day trip from Bhopal, drive to Sanchi and visit the 3rd century Buddhist Stupa, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a pilgrimage destination for Buddhists from around the world. Also visit the 5th century Udaygiri Caves situated near the town of Vidisha. The 20 rock cut caves contain some of the oldest surviving temples in India.
• Great Stupa of Sanchi
• Ashoka Pillar
• 5th century Udayagiri Caves
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Lunch (beverage excluded)
- 02 bottle of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Sanchi Stupas
- Entry/Admission - Udayagiri Caves
What's excluded :
- Food or drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sanchi Stupas, Sanchi India
You will be picked up from your hotel in Bhopal for the one hour drive to Sanchi that is located at a distance of 30 miles from Bhopal.
Located in Sanchi is the Great Stupa that was commissioned by Emperor Ashoka of the Mauryan dynasty. Legend has it that Emperor Ashoka after his bloody conquest of India was repentant of his deeds and took solace in Buddhism. He built several Stupas across India to preserve and spread the Buddhist faith. Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Stupa in Sanchi is one of the best preserved Stupas in India.
The Stupa is in the shape of a large hemispherical dome that is 54 feet high. It has a central chamber where the relics of Lord Buddha are kept. It is surrounded by four ornamental gateways that open up to the four directions. A sandstone pillar is also found on the grounds of the Stupa. It has the edict of Emperor Ashoka engraved upon it in the ancient Brahmi script.
Next take lunch (beverage excluded) at a local restaurant.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Udayagiri Caves, Near Vidisha Centre, Vidisha India
After lunch you will be driven to Udayagiri caves. Of the 20 caves there, one is a Jain cave with the oldest known Jain inscription dating back to the 4th century A.D. The other caves bear Hindu inscriptions and have Hindu Gods carved on the walls.
At the end of the tour, you will be driven back to Bhopal and dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Bhopal, Bhopal, Bhopal District, Madhya Pradesh
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Bhopal Airport, Bhopal India
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes and sunglasses, sunscreen and hats are highly recommended.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.