Private Full-Day Tour to Leymebamba Museum and Revash
You will leave Chachapoyas in direction of the town of San Bartolo from
where the walk of approximately 30 minutes to the Revash mausoleums begins. Revash is a funerary complex composed of "chullpas" (funerary towers) of one and two floors of height, painted of other colors. Afterward, you will be transferred to Leymebamba to visit the Leymebamba Museum which houses more than 200 mummies recovered from the Condor Lagoon, which can be appreciated along with their funeral offerings. The design of the building recreates the local architecture, using local materials. The beautiful garden surrounding the museum contains more than 100 varieties of orchids. After this visit, you will return to Chachapoyas.
per adult from
9 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off.
- Professional bilingual tour guide (English and Spanish).
- Admission to Revash and Leymebamba Museum.
- Entry/Admission - Revash Mausoleo de los Chachapoyas
- Entry/Admission - Museo de Leimebamba
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Revash Mausoleo de los Chachapoyas, Chachapoyas Peru
The Revash complex is a funerary remnant of the Chachapoyas culture, and it is composed of a set of enclosures that occupy an area of 200 m2. These enclosures are located and aligned on the slope of a ravine.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Museo de Leimebamba, Av. Austria s/n, San Miguel, Leymebamba Peru
The Leymebamba Museum, inaugurated in June 2000, houses more than 200 mummies and their funeral offerings, recovered in 1997 from the Laguna de Los Cóndores through the emergency archaeological project directed by the Mallqui Center.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Pick-up from hotels located in Chachapoya downtown.- This activity does not include the pick up from private residences (Airbnb) or Gocta lodge. If you stay in them, please contact us days prior to the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- It is important to inform us the name of the hotel where you are staying in order to coordinate your activity.
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers whose stay exceeded 60 days in Peru because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Travel accessories: sunglasses and retainer strap, sun block and lip balm, toiletry kit, small washcloth, personal first-aid kit.
- It is recommended to bring local currency (peruvian Sol), for drinks, snacks, tips, souvenirs and for horseback riding service, if you require it.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.