Private Full-Day Trip to Otavalo and Its Surroundings from Quito
This magical province of Imbabura is surrounded by lakes, is cradle of artists, histories and living pre-Inca cultures. Otavalo is a small town and symbolic from this province,also world-famous for its indigenous population which are travelling around the world selling their fine hand-made colourful textiles, hats, Indian jewellery, ponchos, or performing with Andean Folk music groups.
It has about 50.000 inhabitants and the city is considered the economically most successful indigenous group of Latin America.
Today, you will visit the textile market (bigger on Wednesdays and Saturdays) but open 7 days a week! You will also have the opportunity to visit the fruit market and surrounding artisan villages with your own private guide. Depending on the time, you will also visit Cuicocha crater lake for a short hike or just enjoy the wonderful viewpoint.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- English speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Activities not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Lunch (on request)
- Tips (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Otavalo, Otavalo, Imbabura Province
You will be picked up from your hotel in Quito before heading towards Imbabura known as "The Province of the Lakes". There will be a short stop here to get to know more about the local culture. Passing through Cayambe you can see the amazing snow-capped volcano (5,790m.), the world's highest point crossed by the Equator Line. This small town is also famous for its salt biscuits with "leaf cheese" and "manjar".
You can make a stop here to try this delicacy, before continuing to the Imbabura province, named after the Imbabura Volcano. Here you we head to the largest lake in Ecuador, the San Pablo. Afterwards you will enter Otavalo City that holds an Indian Market every day, the biggest are on Wednesdays and Saturdays. This market is an ancient tradition and cultural exchange site among the Otavalo community.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cotacachi, Cotacachi, Imbabura Province
Furthermore, you will visit the peaceful Cotacachi Village, famous for its leather, and meet the local craftsmen.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cuicocha Lake, Laguna Cuicocha Ecuador
Finally, after a visit to the charming Cuicocha Crater Lake you will head back to Quito in the late afternoon
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Our trips are based as Private only and we pick up our guest from any hotel, apartment or house based in Quito. Airports
- Mariscal Sucre Airport, Quito Ecuador
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Things to bring: Sun block, raincoat (or umbrella), camera, sun glasses
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.