Private Gastown and Chinatown Walking Tour in Vancouver
See some great examples of First Nation's artworks, and meet a local artist. Discover the real story behind Gastown’s “blood alley”, and visit the site of Vancouver’s first gallows. Learn about the city’s start as a simple sawmill in the 1800’s. Explore Canada’s largest Chinatown, and visit the shallowest building in the world. See where Harry Houdini performed one of his famous acts, and find out how Gassy Jack got his name. Sample some delicious maple syrups and hear how it’s produced in this private, 2-hour walking tour. You can also leave your camera at home. This tour includes a set of professionally taken photos of you on your tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Photography (includes a minimum of 10 professionally edited photos from your tour)
- Bottled water
- Maple syrup tasting
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- On this 2-hour, private, walking tour of Gastown and Chinatown, you’ll make your way through cobbled streets and back alleys. Prepare to step back in time to the early days of the city, back before it was even called Vancouver.
Start your adventure in Gastown, where you’ll hear stories of some of the more colorful characters like John “Gassy Jack” Deighton, who is synonymous with the neighborhood and helped shape the city. These streets are filled with juicy tales around every corner, and your guide will bring them to life, debunking a few urban legends in the process.
Delight your taste buds when you stop in for Canada’s favorite – maple syrup. Learn why this tasty treat is so difficult to produce, and why it’s worth its weight in gold.
Next, head through the heart of Vancouver’s Chinatown where you peek inside the shallowest commercial building in the world. A marvel of ingenuity which, at 6 feet wide, was once home to 13 businesses.
This tour combines two of Vancouver’s most popular neighborhoods to create a fun and educational experience involving all your senses.
Departure Point :Your guide will meet you at the West Cordova Street entrance of Waterfront Station (near the corner of Seymour Street).
Return Detail :Your tour will finish in Chinatown.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.