Private Gastronomy Tour in the Old Heraklion
Crete’s rich gastronomic palette is greatly influenced by the history. Due to its location in the heart of the Mediterranean it is at the crossroads of rich and versatile cultures. Balanced local cuisine combines seasonal ingredients that reflect the diversity of the fertile land of Europe’s southernmost point. During this tour you will visit:
GREEK COFFEE: In one of the oldest shops on Heraklion’s bazaar street, you will learn about the tradition of roasting, grinding, brewing and serving Greek coffee.
TRADITIONAL BAKERY: Meet the unique features of Cretan baking and try some traditional products.
CHEESE SHOP: Tasting of traditional cheese varieties.
HEALING HERBS: We will tell you about the unique spices and medicinal herbs of Crete.
WINE SHOP LIRARAKIS: A great opportunity to get acquainted with the producers of branded wine, learn the basics of wine-making and taste 5 different wines.
TAVERN: Enjoy traditional Greek cuisine in one of the traditional taverns.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Salad, appetizer, main dish + water and glass of local wine.
- Greek coffee in one of the oldest Kafeneion in the city
- Tasting of traditional Cretan bakery products
- Tasting of Greek cheese
- Dégustation of 5 Cretan wines
- Pick-up from your hotel or any other place within Heraklion region
- Information about Cretan gastronomy provided by guide in the selected language
- Transfer with air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Any extra drinks and/or meals during the lunch except of those, provided by the tour
- Entrance fees to museums/sights, individual expenses.
- For pick-up NOT from Heraklion region, extra charges may apply.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Heraklion Archaeological Museum, Xanthoudidou & Hatzidaki Sts, Heraklion, Crete 710 02 Greece
Starting from the very center of the city, we will head to Heraklion’s bazaar street where we will visit one of the oldest Kafeneion (coffee shops). Then, we will visit a traditional Cretan bakery, cheese shop and healing herbs store in the old Heraklion area. Afterwards, we will visit a wine store and a Cretan tavern for a lunch!
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any place. For the location more than 30kms outside of Heraklion, or remote hotels, extra charges may apply.Airports
- N. Kazantzakis Airport, Heraklion, Crete Greece
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- We pick up from any point within the North Heraklion region (from Fodele, Agia Pelagia, Anissaras, Heraklion City, Carteros, Kokkini Hani, Gouves, Hersonissos, Malia, Stalida, Sissi and other places within this area).
- For the pick up from different location, extra-charges for the transfer apply (5 to 20 euros per person, depending on the location). After booking, we will contact you to arrange the details.
- If you do not want to keep your infant on laps, you need to pay child ticket. Baby car seats are provided.
- Most travelers can participate
- In case of any food allergies, you should notify us at least 3 days prior to the tour in order to arrange any changes in the menu
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.