Private Gilligan's Island Experience from San Juan
Undoubtedly among Puerto Rico's best kept secrets, the keys in the south coast are home of our finest beaches and this experience will make you among the very few, among the millions of tourists visiting the island, to experience the calm, warm and turquoise waters of locals favorite: Gilligan's Island!
After being picked up in a luxury vehicle your guide will drive you through the Central Sierra and south plains in a drive where you will see the diverse and ever changing scenery when transitioning from north, to south, to west regions.
Upon arrival, a pontoon will take you to Gilligan’s Island, a snorkelers heaven with crystal clear, turquoise waters, schools of tropical fish and diverse marine life. At the island your guide will set the umbrellas and beach chairs in the water and you will be ready to enjoy the coolers, drinks and a wonderful beach day in a spot very few visitors has ever seen until 4pm, when we call it a day a head back to your hotel.
What's included :
- Bottled water / Personal Guide Hotel / Port pickup and drop-off / Gilligan's Ferry
- Entry/Admission - Gilligan's Island
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (recommended) / Food and drinks (Additional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gilligan's Island, Road 333, Playa de Guanica Puerto Rico
Among the millions of tourists visiting the island enjoy our beaches very few have the opportunity to experience the calm, warm and turquoise waters of Cayo Aurora, or how we locals call it: Gilligan's Island!
You will be picked up at your hotel by a private luxury vehicle at 11:30 a.m. and set out on a journey crossing the central mountain range in a 1.5 hour drive to Ponce for a 45 minute coffee and sightseeing stop. Upon your arrival in Ponce you will be able to walk by the old Fire Station or as we call it Parque de Bombas, a 19th century structure listed on the National Register of Historic Places and covered by iconic red and black stripes and the Lady of the Guadeloupe cathedral, a 450 year catholic church reminiscent of the old glory days of the city. There your guide will take you to Ponce's best coffee shop Melao for a taste of local coffee.
From there you are only a 30 to 45 minute drive to Gilligan’s Island nicknamed after the popular tv show, is the single one Puerto Rico’s cay you can’t miss.
Gilligan’s is very child friendly with shallow water, and picnic tables, barbeque pits, and shaded areas for family picnics. But if you want a quiet romantic atmosphere just walk along the water and you’ll find intimate spots along mangrove trees perfect for two.
Surrounded by a healthy mangrove system, Gilligan’s Island is a a snorkelers heaven with crystal clear waters with tropical fish schools, and a few places with live healthy coral.
There are composting toilets and trash bins on the island. Bring your own toilet paper and hand sanitiser. Using them you let us keep our beautiful island stay that way.
4 people @ $135 ea
5 & 6th $95 ea
Experiences originating from Dorado Beach Ritz Carlton, Golden Door Spa Gran Melia, St. Regis, Wyndham Riomar or Margaritaville resorts must choose the $25 pp pick up fee since experiences originate from San Juan.
Combine it with our Bio Bay Swim Experience for $60pp
Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
Transportation in black vehicle
Food and drinks (Additional)
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :San Juan, Puerto Rico
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick at any hotel, port or AB&B in San Juan, Condado, Santurce and Isla Verde.We pick up and Drop at other areas for a low fee.Airport $25Rio Piedras $30Bayamon $30Toa Baja $40Dorado, Loiza $100Rio Grande $130Manati $150Traveler must provide pick up and dropoff details at booking time and inform any updates or changes 24hrs before tour time. If traveler fail to provide info before the shceduled time the tour will be marked as no show.- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to no show, late or non-arrival of cruise ship.A maximum of 5 people per booking (Additional persons will ride in an aditional vehicle with a minimun of 2 passengers). This activity operates rain or shine, except in the case of extreme weather events like hurricanes. Please wear comfortable clothing, tennis or hiking shoes, swimsuit and bring a towel and change of clothes.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All our experiences and tour are private. You will not mix or have to share the tour with strangers at any point. After each tour vehicle gets sanitized and all surfaces are sprayed and wiped with 80% alcohol solutionand then a/c runs for 10 minutes with Lysol spray to further desinfect the vehicle.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.