Private Golden Circle Tour with Snowmobiling on a Glacier from Reykjavik
See the major attractions of southwest Iceland on this 8-hour private tour from Reykjavík. Enjoy personalized attention from your local driver-guide as you marvel at the mighty Gullfoss waterfall as it plunges into a canyon; visit the site of one of the oldest parliaments in the world at Thingvellir National Park, and watch as Strokkur geyser erupts. We also go for a ride on a Glacier on a snowmobile.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off in the capital area
- Private driver/guide
- Bottled water
- WiFi in vehicle
- 1 hour Super Jeep/Truck transportation (non-private)
- 1 hour Snowmobile Tour (non-private)
- English speaking guide
- Insulated cover-all (included rental of)
- Helmet (included rental of)
- Snowmobile balaclava face mask (included rental of)
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees, unless specified
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Get picked up from your Reykjavík hotel, ready for an 12-hour private tour of southwest Iceland and a snowmobile ride on a glacier.
Golden Circle tour:
First, drive around 30 minutes to Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site, where the Althing, the Icelandic Parliament, was founded in 930. Learn about the history of the area and its high level of seismic activity. Continue 30 minutes to Laugarvatn lake and soak up the majestic beauty of the surrounding mountains. Head another 25 minutes east into the Haukadalur valley where you will see Geysir, also known as the Great Geysir, as well as Strokkur, its smaller neighbor, which erupts every few minutes with bursts of sparkling blue water.
It's just a 10-minute drive to Gullfoss, the 'Queen' of Icelandic waterfalls, which plunges 105 feet (32 meters) into a gaping canyon. Next, head 20 minutes to Faxi waterfall, a little less known and smaller. For lunch (own expense) stop at Friðheimar, a restaurant in a greenhouse, to eat among the tomato vines. After lunch, head to Kerið, a volcanic crater, before the drive back to your Reykjavík hotel.
Snowmobiling on a Glacier:
At Gullfoss you will change onto our monster truck and it will then take you up to Langjökull glacier. Driving through Iceland, a relatively new land compared to most of the world’s terrain is quite an adventure. Looking out the window, at the sparsely settled countryside with a few signs of commercial exploits is a rare sight for many visitors.
Once you arrive at the glaciers base camp, you will receive the appropriate equipment, such as helmets, overalls, overshoes, gloves and a hat. Our friendly and fun-loving guides will give you instructions on how to operate the snowmobile and go over the safety procedures before you ride off into the winter wonderland.
Our snowmobile are double-riders and children are welcome to ride as passengers as long as they have reached the age of six.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pickup at any accommodation in the capital area.Ports
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress according to weather
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A valid driver's license is required for those driving the snowmobile.
- This tour is not for children under the age of 6
- Subject to favorable weather conditions.
- If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Participants will be required to sign a waiver releasing the tour operator from responsibility for accidents resulting in injury
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.