PRIVATE GOLDEN ROCK-Kyaiktiyo Pagoda Private Day Tour from Yangon
Visit Kyaiktiyo Pagoda, also known as Golden Rock, on a day trip from Yangon with a private guide and transfer. Perched on a boulder, this Buddhist pilgrimage destination offers views of the surrounding area from its mountaintop location. Admire the impressive setting as you learn more about the pagoda, which is one of Myanmar's most sacred religious sites. Lunch is included. Note: Females are not allowed in some areas of the site.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Yangon Yangon
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Yangon Yangon, 339 Bo Gyoke Aung San Road, Yangon (Rangoon) 11182 Myanmar
Our driver and guide will pick you up from your hotel around 6am in Yangon downtown and head to Kyaiktiyo Pagoda -The Golden Rock located in Kyaikhto Township and it will take approximately 3.5 hours by car drive through towns and some pay roads.
When we arrive at the bottom of the mountain, we will transfer to an open trucks which will take about 45 minutes up to the hill. Pilgrims come here from far and wide to worship and add gold leaf to the rock, which seems to defy gravity by delicately balancing on the edge of the 1100 metre high mountain. Enjoy the panoramic 360 degree views of the surrounding Mon State Mountains from the summit and take some wonderful photos. Please note that proper dress is requires, no knees or shoulders showing. You can cross over a small bridge and stick the gold leaves on the Golden Rock, but only male is allowed. Female are not allowed to participate in this form of veneration.
Visitors can go for an hour trekking to crow mouth, Kyee Kan Mouth along the natural road. If you could throw a coin into the mouth you will be granted a wish. Many local shops selling religious paraphernalia and one can also find many eateries and gift shops. In the afternoon, you will head back to the ground of the mountain and passing by Wor, Bago, Hlegu, Phaya Gyi and Phaya Lay Townships located on the roadside. We will stop at a local restaurant for a tea or coffee before head back to Yangon. Our driver will transfer you back to your hotel safely after an amazing trip to Kyaiktiyo Pagoda.
Duration: 1 day
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel in Yangon
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.