Private Graffiti Tour/Comuna 13, Exotic Fruit Tasting & Cable Car Ride
Our Graffiti Tour in the Comuna 13 it's definitely a must do activity when you travel to Medellin.
The violent past, the beautiful present and the promising future of this district makes it a magical place and an unforgettable experience.
The street art throughout the whole neighborhood makes it more mind blowing knowing that most of them have a special meaning related to its history.
However, we want you to have an even more complete experience in our Graffiti Tour in Comuna 13 and that's why we added two fantastic stops to make it unique, fun, informative and exclusive.
Colombia is the most diverse country in the world in fruit production as we grow over 430 fruits throughout our territory. This is why we think we should take you to a fruit stand to try some of the most delicious ones.
The last stop is using a cable car that is one of the symbols of innovation in our city since it was built for people's transportation to the most vulnerable neighborhoods in the city.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Food tasting
- Light refreshments
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Escaleras Electricas De La Comuna 13
- Entry/Admission - Estación metro san javier
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Escaleras Electricas De La Comuna 13, Carrera 110, Medellin Colombia
Comuna 13 was the most dangerous district in Medellin only 18 years ago.
And is also the place where the first outdoor non-touristy electrical escalators in the world were installed. They were inaugurated in December of 2011 with a cost of 3,5 million dollars and was built to save more than 350 stairs in a very steep hill.
Besides the escalators, Comuna 13 is also one of the biggest street art district in Latin America.
Half of the neighborhood displays meaningful graffitis and you get the chance to learn all their meanings in this incredible Graffiti Tour with us.
Throughout the walk in Comuna 13 we invite you to try the traditional snacks from Colombia, if you are a foodie you will love the food.
Empanadas, Butifarras, Carimañolas, Aborrajado and more, all of them delicious and authentic.
In our walk we visit the view point, the new pathway full of graffiti and the slide built to honor a tragedy occurred in Comuna 13.
There is a lot of history to be heard at this tour.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Estación metro san javier, Cra. 95 #96-29, Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia
Throughout the ride in the cable car you will see lots of houses stack on top of the other.
Many of these houses were and some still are illegal settlements that belong to displaced people from rural areas as a consequence of the internal conflict.
Your guide will explain the origin of the war, its effects in the current city's situation and the free housing program undertaken to help them.
The whole ride is around 20 minutes, going up and down over the green mountains contrasted with all these houses and its history.
After we come back to the metro station and now that you have more context about Medellin, its social system, its means of transportation we head towards the food tour section.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Plaza La América, Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia
Colombia has over 433 different fruits, in fact we are the most diverse country per square meter regarding fruit production.
For this reason you shouldn't miss out an exotic fruit tasting in Colombia and we as an added value to the Graffiti Tour, offer precisely that.
We take you to a clean, non-touristy market where we can find exotic fruits that are not easily found in supermarkets in the city or pretty much anywhere else.
In this stop you have the chance to taste at least 10 different fruits that are only grown in tropical countries.
Different colors, shapes, tastes and smells, they all make a great experience and the perfect end of this amazing half-day tour.
When we have concluded our fruit tasting we get on the car again and we start driving back to your place or anywhere else you want us to drop you off.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up at any hotel, AirBnb or Hostel, just let us know where.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our partners like restaurants, farms and facility operators are required to follow these strict guidelines. All our tours are private. We do not mix groups in the same vehicle. After booking with us we will share with you some recommendations to take into consideration before starting the tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.