Private Group Tour: Kayaking in the Bolstadfjord, The Route 66 of the Fjords
This local Viator supplier have a average rating of ★★★★★
And consequently receives top reviews from their guests ☻
Do you love freedom? To do and experience new things that you have not ever done before?
Then, the Nærøyfjord Kayak Experience is just your thing, no matter age or earlier experience.
Come along on a new beginners kayak tour, where you are picked up by your dedicated guide from your hotel reception or cruiseship, and paddle your way along The UNESCO World heritage sites shoreline with a totally different perspective on this one of a kind Fjord.
per adult from
9 to 11 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup in Bergen or Flåm
- Private tour / Transport by private vehicle to landing site
What's excluded :
- If you are simply tired of all the hassle other tourists creates, why not try a different tour on in this exceptional Fjord? All our Kayaks are especially designed for new beginners and you need absolutely no prior experience to participate. You will be picked up from your hotels reception / ships arrival dock by your own private guide, and after a scenic drive you are ready to depart on your kayak expedition from the very heart of The UNESCO Fjord.
Tour departs 0750 from Begen, and 1030 from Flåm.
All our kayaks have a superior stability to be able to be used by new beginners, and after a short safety drill at the start site, you and your fellow travelers are ready to start from Bakka where the fjord is at its most narrow. You start out quite slowly, and you will be amazed to find out how easy it is to master a Kayak in a sheltered area with no waves. As you learn by each movement of your oar, your guide will take you out the narrow fjord as you are one with nature around.
You will discover that safety is a focus on this tour, and your guide will keep an eye on all travelers from his view behind the travelers. All guests will have life jackets specially made for kayaking and all kayaks are equipped with GPS trackers that keeps track of your movements.
Kayaking is a intriguingly different way to see the Nærøyfjord. Notice that you do not need to be "super fit" to participate, as the kayaks will slide efficiently through the water with a minimum of effort from your side. #NorwayFjordTravel
In addition of the kayak tour, this tour contains a lot of sightseeing on the way to Gudvangen. We mention the Stalheimskleiva hairpin road, the Nærøydalen Valley, The Tvinde Waterfall and numerous of other great sights. The Kayak experience has a duration of about 3 hours. And this is more than enough for most travelers when you see what other things you will have as "bonuses". We launch the Kayaks from our private lunch & launch site at the Dyrdal Farm, and you will have the option to taste some of the local lunch cuisine while here.
Departure Point :Ships arrival dock or your hotel reception. Please tell arrival time and ships name when booking
Departure Time :
0800 from Bergen
1030 from Flåm
Return Detail :To your hotel or ships departure pier.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- A moderate amount of walking is involved in this trip
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.