Private guide Mesagne: an outdoor museum
The tour of Mesagne, with a licensed guide, starts from the castle, the most representative monument of the town, with a height of about 20 meters. The original nucleus consisted of a fortified encampment dating back to the eleventh or twelfth century and was then enlarged in the following centuries until it lost its function as a fortified fortress and took over that of a baronial residence.
The tour will go on to make known important findings of the Messapian civilization kept in the Museum of the Territory "U. Granafei ".
Following will visit the ancient village of the town and the main church dedicated to All Saints, built between 1649 and 1660. The facade is embellished with elegant architectural elements with vaulted stone and majestic colonnade placed in support of the massive roofing. The interiors decorated with fine stucco and a superb high altar, all in marble, contain paintings by local artists
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed guide
What's excluded :
- Ticket entry
- Entry/Admission - Castello Normanno Svevo
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Teatro Comunale Mesagne, Via Federico II di Svevia, 1101, 72023 Mesagne Italy
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Castello Normanno Svevo, Piazza Castello Sorge nella zona medievale dei paese, 70028 Sannicandro di Bari Italy
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Via Castello, 72023 Mesagne BR, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
To be agreed
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.