Private Guided Snowshoe Hike in Yosemite
Explore the winter trails of Yosemite on a snowshoe hike for a truly memorable experience in this pristine wilderness! With easy-to-follow techniques and snowshoe gear provided, this tour is suitable for beginners and experts alike. You’ll learn about Yosemite from your experienced guide, gaining in-depth knowledge of the natural history of the famous park, and you'll capture great photos of the winter landscape. Bring your sense of adventure and see what the summer crowds are missing!
per adult from
4 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Snowshoes and trekking poles
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Snacks & lunch
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Yosemite National Park, Yosemite National Park, California
Snowshoeing offers you a way to see the park from a different perspective while enjoying outdoor winter fun and low-impact exercise. No experience is needed for this sport–if you can walk, you can snowshoe!
You’ll meet your experienced guide at the trail head where you will be provided with snowshoes, trekking poles and simple-to-follow techniques to get you out on the trail. Once you’re ready, strap on your snowshoes and follow your guide along quiet trails, experiencing the Sequoia Grove in its winter beauty. Get incredible views of snow-covered mountains and meadows as you hike, and have plenty of opportunities to stop for photos and rest breaks. Wildlife can be easier to spot in the winter landscape; throughout your hike, your guide will keep an eye out for signs of deer, coyote, bobcats, bears and other creatures that inhabit the area.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Yosemite Valley, 9035 Village Dr, Yosemite National Park, CA 95389-9912
Choose from two options for your family or group:
Beginner Snowshoe Hike
Enjoy a pleasant half-day snowshoe hike on a relatively gentle trail in Yosemite Valley or nearby trails. You’ll be provided with basic snowshoeing instructions and the day’s program will be tailored to your experience level. This activity is perfect for beginners and families. Expect to snowshoe hike approximately three miles on a tour that lasts approximately four hours. BRING 32 oz of WATER, LUNCH & SNACKS
Extended Snowshoe Hike
Travel along some of Yosemite’s most scenic trails on a longer snowshoe hike with more dramatic elevation gains. These demanding hiking tours are perfect for experienced snowshoe hikers and will offer a different perspective on the Valley and High Country. Expect to hike about six miles on a tour that lasts approximately six hours. BRING 48-60 oz of WATER, LUNCH & SNACKS
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Yosemite National Park, Yosemite National Park, California
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please provide your hotel and contact information (phone number, email and accommodations) in the Special Requirements box at checkout. Hotel information so we may email you driving directions to the meeting location; pickup/drop-off is not included.
- Please dress in athletic wear and bring water, lunch and snacks
- Age restrictions: must be at least 12 years old to participate in the extended snowshoe hike and at least 4 years old to participate in the beginner level hike
- Subject to favorable snow conditions. If canceled due to insufficient snow, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- We are limited in guide availability this year due to Covid-19. Please understand if your reservation is not accepted because of this restriction.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Our guides will be 6 ft from you and our group will stay 6 ft from other people on the trails. Masks are required for each person when 6 ft distancing isn't possible, when you first meet with your guide, during interpretation, rest stops, view points, & when departing after the tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.