Private Guided Tour in San Gimignano
Immerse yourself in the Middle Ages, visiting one of the most beautiful medieval villages of Italy. From San Gimignano, visitors will never forget the ancient towers and the dreamlike landscape by which it is surrounded. The tour will begin from the main gate, Porta San Giovanni, you will continue towards Piazza della Cisterna, where you can taste the famous ice cream that won many prizes. In the next square you will admire the Public Palace and the wonderful Cathedral. If you choose to visit the palace, you will explore the Civic Museum and the highest tower of the town, from where you can take wonderful pictures of the surrounding landscape or if you prefer to enter inside the Cathedral you will see the well-preserved frescoes. The guide will propose to enjoy the panorama from the fortress Montestaffoli, where today is situated the Vernaccia Museum, the DOCG white wine produced in this area. Here, the guide will suggest you to have a toast in a wine shop, with a little extra cost.
per adult from
What's included :
- 3 hours private tour with a professional guide
- Art and history of San Gimignano
- Visit the external and (if you want also) the interior of the Public Palace and the Cathedral
- Visit the Vernaccia Museum
- Admire the fantastic views of Val d’Elsa around the town
- Discover the best typical local products
What's excluded :
- Wine tasting, Ice cream tasting
- Admission to the Cvic Museum, the Tower and the Cathedral
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off service. If you need a private driver, ask for a quotation.
- Entry/Admission - Collegiata di Santa Maria Assunta - Duomo di San Gimignano
- Entry/Admission - Palazzo Pubblico e Torre Grossa
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Porta San Giovanni, Via S. Giovanni, 126, 53037, San Gimignano Italy
Our expert guide will meet you at the main gate of San Gimignano "Porta San Giovanni" and will accompany you to discover the Manhattan of the Middle Ages
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Piazza della Cisterna, Piazza Della Cisterna, San Gimignano Italy
Your guide will explain you this beautiful square, telling you the stories and anecdotes about the rivalry of the families who lived here. Discover the history of the towers. How did they look like during the Middle Ages? Who lived there? Why are so many towers in a so little village? Your guide will have an answer to all your questions...
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Collegiata di Santa Maria Assunta - Duomo di San Gimignano, Piazza del Duomo 2, 53037, San Gimignano Italy
You can choose if you want to enter inside or not. The Cathedral is decorated with the well-preserved frescoes of the 14th century and houses other wonderful works of art.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Palazzo Pubblico e Torre Grossa, Piazza del Duomo, San Gimignano Italy
You can choose if you want to enter or not. Inside the Public Palace there is the Civic Museum, which hosts famous frescos of the 14th century in the Hall of Dante, the Florentine writer and poet who passed by San Gimignano as the ambassador of Florence. From the museum you can climb the highest tower of San Gimignano (54 meters) called “Torre Grossa” (Big tower), from where you can take incredible pictures of the village and of the surrounding territory and landscapes.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Church of Sant'Agostino, Piazza Sant_Agostino, 53073, San Gimignano Italy
If you have not visited the interior of the Cathedral, the church of St. Augustine is also very beautiful and for free. Inside you will admire the frescoes of Florentine artists of the 15th century.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Vernaccia di San Gimignano Wine Experience - La Rocca, Via della Rocca 1, 53037, San Gimignano Italy
The guide will propose you to go up to the highest point of the village, to enjoy the panorama from the Rocca Montestaffoli (fortress), a Florentine bastion, where today is situated the Vernaccia Museum, the famous DOCG white wine produced in this area. Inside the fortress there is a beautiful garden, it is pleasant to spend few minutes here to enjoy the feeling of peace.
Before going back to the main places of interest, the guide will suggest you to have a toast in a wine shop on the second floor of the Vernaccia Museum, with a little extra cost.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Porta San Giovanni, Via S. Giovanni, 126, 53037 San Gimignano SI, Italy
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 5/6/2020 - 3/31/2021
5/6/2021 - 12/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
- Participants will walk medium distances
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Wear comfortable shoes and be ready for variable weather conditions
- In case of wheelchairs and pushchairs, please inform us in advance, so that the tour can be organised in the best possible way
- Due to strikes or force majeure, we reserve the right to change the itinerary
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.