Private Guided Tour of Kanheri Caves with Global Vipassana Pagoda
Kanheri Caves must-see destination for history buffs or archaeology afficionados who would like to see true excavations pertaining to the ancient histories of India.
Global Vipassana Pagoda is built in a very scenic place and its a divine place for meditation. You will experience a 10 min meditation, a video presentation on Buddhism and Pagoda, a picture gallery which makes it a memorable experience.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- Pickup & Drop
- Local English Speaking Guide
- Toll Tax, Parking Fees & Gate Entry
- Entry/Admission - Kanheri Caves
- Entry/Admission - Global Vipassana Pagoda
What's excluded :
- Any Meals
- Personal Expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kanheri Caves, Sanjay Gandhi National Park Borivli East, Mumbai India
The Kanheri Caves are a group of caves and rock-cut monuments cut into a massive basalt outcrop in the forests of the Sanjay Gandhi National Park, on the island of Salsette in the western outskirts of Mumbai, India. They contain Buddhist sculptures and relief carvings, paintings and inscriptions, dating from the 1st century BCE to the 10th century CE. Kanheri comes from the Sanskrit Krishnagiri, which means black mountain. The site is on a hillside, and is accessed via rock-cut steps. The cave complex comprises one hundred and nine caves, carved from the basalt rock and dating from the 1st century BCE to the 10th century CE. Kanheri had become an important Buddhist settlement on the Konkan coast by the 3rd century CE.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Global Vipassana Pagoda, Near Essel World Next to Esselworld, Gorai Village, Mumbai 400091 India
The Global Vipassana Pagoda is a Meditation Hall near Gorai, North-west of Mumbai, India. The Pagoda was inaugurated by Pratibha Patil, then President of India on 8 February 2009. It is built on donated land on a peninsula between Gorai creek and the Arabian Sea. The pagoda is to serve as a monument of peace and harmony. The Global Vipassana Pagoda has been built out of gratitude to Sayagyi U Ba Khin (1899 - 1971), Vipassana teacher and the first Accountant-General of Independent Burma, who was instrumental in Vipassana returning to India, the country of its origin. The center of the Global Vipassana Pagoda contains the world's largest stone dome built without any supporting pillars.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We provide free pickup service from Hotel / Residence / Airport / Railway Station & Port and also free drop service.We only provide pickup & drop service from the hotel located in Suburb / North Mumbai or South Mumbai.Pickup & drop service from Navi Mumbai area or far away from Mumbai City (North / South Mumbai) will charge extra.Airports
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400099, India
- Mumbai Port Trust, Vigilance Department, 3rd Floor, Krupa Nidhi Building, 9, Walchand Hirachand Marg, Ballard Estate, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001, India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Must carry cap or hat, trekking shoes or sport shoes
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.