Private guided tour of the city of Carcassonne
This guided tour is an immersion in the history of a unique place occupied by man for 2500 years.
This is the opportunity to discover the mysterious Cathars and the religious convictions that led them to the stake. Relive epic battles of tragedies and moments of glory.
Hear some verses of troubadours of the middle ages who have walked the streets of the city.
Understand cathedrals and their architecture. Marvel at the beauty of the stained glass windows.
Following an official guide is the guarantee that he can take you anywhere safely and share with you his passion and the secrets of the city.
per adult from
1 to 2 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chateau et Remparts de la Cite de Carcassonne, 1 rue Viollet le Duc, 11000 Carcassonne Center, Carcassonne France
The visit begins at the entrance of the city and then leads us between the walls in the "lices". Then we contemplate the castle and we enter the basilica enjoy the magnificent stained glass windows.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Carcassonne Center, Carcassonne Center, Carcassonne, Aude, Occitanie
The visit takes you through the cobbled streets of the medieval city and its picturesque houses. The walls can be admired from the Lices just like the old Saint Nazaire cathedral.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Place du Prado, 11000 Carcassonne, France
Traveler pickup is offered
Vehicle 5 place, I can pick up the couple, family or single person in Carcassonne at any place station, airport, hotel in a radius near the city. For larger groups I can arrange a transfer at your expense.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.