Private Half Day Acropolis, Acropolis museum and driving city tour of Athens
This tour is curated for people who are on a short city break trip and they want to maximize their time or for those who do not prefer much sightseeing, but are interested in the most popular sites the city offers, such as the glorious Acropolis, the awarded museum of the Acropolis and a very comfortable driving tour in a vehicle of utmost luxury. It is comprehensive and relaxing.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Tour
- English Speaking Driver (Not authorized to enter into the sites & museums as per the Greek Law)
- Mercedes Luxury Vehicle
- Mineral water, wet & dry tissues
- Baby seat or booster up on request without extra charge (compulsory to be requested in advance)
- Free Wi-Fi
- All vehicles are thoroughly disinfected after each ride.
What's excluded :
- Entrance Fees
- Food & drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Acropolis, via Dionysiou Areopagitou str., Athens 105 58 Greece
Make a start in the morning with a visit of Greece’s most glorious ancient site, the Acropolis of Athens. Located in the middle of modern Athens, the ‘sacred rock’ proudly displays a set of marble monuments that express their outstanding universal value. With a history spanning 25 centuries, the Acropolis has been traditionally associated with the Golden Age of Athenian democracy, philosophy and architecture. Enjoy a well-paced guided tour to admire the most significant classical masterpieces of Greece. Walk uphill through the Propylaea grand marble entrance, as you contemplate in the hills of Philoppapus, Pnyx and Mars. Discover the astonishing construction of the Parthenon, the most splendid temple ever built by the Greeks, dedicated to goddess Athena. Admire the Erechtheion with its renowned Caryatids and the view of the temple of Athena Nike. Gaze at the infinite modern city from the hilltop, stretching between low mountains and the Aegean Sea. Explore all sides for panoramic views of the old town and its picturesque neoclassical buildings, as well as the ancient theater of Dionysus, the Roman temple of Zeus and the world-famous Herodeion theater.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Acropolis Museum, Dionysiou Areopagitou 15, Athens 117 42 Greece
Continue on to the spectacular Acropolis museum, the most modern museum of Athens. Made of concrete, steel and glass, it houses a wide collection of original sculptures from the Acropolis and its slopes. The ground glass-made floor reveals to visitors the ruins of ancient buildings underneath, while it displays a pottery collection of high artistic value. The marble masterpieces that have been transferred here from the Acropolis for protection and preservation are waiting to be discovered in the first floor and the top Parthenon Gallery floor with its impressive view of the Acropolis hill, the Lycabettus hill and the rest of the city.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Athens, Athens, Attica
Complete your tour with a drive around the most popular parts of central Athens and take a look at the Panathenaic stadium (venue of the first modern Olympic Games), the Roman temple of Zeus and the National Gardens. See the Changing of the Guards at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, in front of the Parliament House and opposite Syntagma square. Complete the city tour driving by the outstanding trilogy of neoclassical buildings; the 19th-century University of Athens, the Academia and the National Library, at the heart of the city’s modern commercial center.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
For hotels/apartments: The driver will meet you in the lobby of the hotel or outside the apartment. For cruise terminals: The driver will meet you at the arrival's hall inside the cruise terminal, after the passport control and the luggage claim area, holding a label with the name under which the reservation is made.The itinerary’s sequence is subject to change according to the opening-closing hours of the venues and depending on the tourist season.Ports
- Piraeus port, Pireas 185 38, Greece
- Cruise Terminal A Gate 11, Akti Miaouli, Pireas 185 38, Greece
- Pireaus Cruise Ship Terminal "B", Pireas 185 38, Greece
- Cruise Passenger Terminal B (Themistocles), Pireas 185 38, Greece
- Cruise Ship Terminal C, Pireas 185 38, Greece
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 11/1/2020 - 3/31/2021
4/1/2021 - 10/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM
11/1/2021 - 3/31/2022
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- After each activity the interior of the vehicle and the luggage compartment are being disinfected. Some amenities (magazines, maps, etc) have been removed from our vehicles. Our drivers are wearing mask and gloves and they have been instructed to avoid handshakes.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.