Private Half-Day Amarapura Tour from Mandalay
Revel in the royal architecture and fascinating history of Amarapura during this 4-hour excursion from Mandalay. Explore the history of this one-time Myanmar capital as you tour the city’s Mahagadayon Monastery, visit the famous U Bein teak bridge, and check out the shops of local bronze artisans and silk weavers. Entrance fees and round-trip hotel transport are included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- All activities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transfer
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Choose between morning and afternoon departure times and then receive a pickup from your Mandalay hotel. You’ll continue by car on the 30-minute trip south of town, traveling the nine miles (15 kilometers) to Amarapura. Admire the intricate architecture of this one-time royal capital and head to Mahagadayon Monastery, a well-known Buddhist religious complex that’s home to more than 1,000 local monks. You’ll proceed from there to the U Bein teak bridge, a famous 0.7-mile (1.2-kilometer) long span that straddles Taungthaman Lake. Known as the longest teakwood bridge in the world, it’s a great spot to pause for photos as local villagers and monks pass back and forth. Proceed from there to Bagaya Monastery where you’ll explore its unique collection of Buddha statues. Finish the day with optional stops to explore the region’s numerous artisanal handicraft makers, checking out workshops for craft makers working on bronze casting, silk weaving and cotton making. You’ll receive a drop-off back at your Mandalay hotel at the end of the trip.
Departure Point :Hotel in Mandalay
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.