Private Half Day Budhanilkantha Tour
Located northwest of Thamel is a sacred temple with an idol is of great mysterious origin. This incredible 5 meters long black stone features the powerful Hindu deity Visnu lying on the cosmic sea. Budhanilkantha temple dates back well over 1000 years to the time of the Licchavi Dynasty that ruled the Kathmandu Valley.
No one knows where this incredible five-meter stone came from. It did not originate in the Kathmandu Valley. It was carried from some faraway location and fashioned into the peaceful image of Lord Visnu lying on the Cosmic Sea once on the site. You mingle with the Hindu worshiper and priests as they perform their sacred Pujas above the waters that the incredible idol lays upon.
It is here you travel with your private guide who explains all of the symbolism and meaning of this amazing place. Most visitors to the Kathmandu Valley will sadly miss this place. Don’t be one of them!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Inside Ring Road including Bouddha area only)
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional guide
- Local taxes
- Entry/Admission - Budhanilkantha
- Entry/Admission - Budhanilakantha Temple
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Budhanilkantha, ca. 9 km sudlich von Kathmandu. Narayanthan, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal
The area named with God Bishnu Temple called Budhanilkantha. The area is small but it is worth to visit. Explore Temple area and surrounding shopping place around temples. It is worth to visit for pilgrimage sites of Hindus.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Budhanilakantha Temple, Kathmandu Nepal
In a long-forgotten place over a thousand years ago, Hindu devotees of the sacred deity Visnu found a black stone five meters long. They fashioned it into an idol of Lord Visnu in peaceful repose. Somehow, that stone was transported over the surrounding hills that ring the Kathmandu Valley and lay to rest on a still body of water. How it was done remains a true mystery. And here it now lays at Budhanikantha, surrounded by faithful devotees who come to pay homage that this amazing site.
The Budhanilkantha Tour is a journey to the cosmic mystery that rises from the depths of the Kathmandu Valley. Great kingly dynasties have come and gone since its arrival, but the great black stone idol of Lord Visnu continues to lie in tranquility. Wars and earthquakes have raged around it for centuries, but its peacefulness does not succumb to the ravages of time.
Budhanilkantha is not a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You won’t see people trying to sell you something as you attempt to experience the spiritual nature of this amazing place. Instead, you are surrounded by the stillness of the faithful as they come to do their pujas in celebration of one of the most powerful deities in the Hindu faith.
Without a knowledgeable guide, so much is lost to the visitor. With your guide, you will learn the beauty of the ceremonies and explore the symbolism that highlights the ancient religion of the Hindus. You will marvel at how such a stone could have been moved over those high hills when the roads were nothing more than narrow dirt trails. It is truly a mystery of how this stone got here as you contemplate that has no known origin.
Come and spend a half-day with a knowledgeable guide who will share with you the secrets of Budhanilkantha and its sacred black idol.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We do pick up from all hotels inside ring road including Boudha area.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- Alternate Contact: +977 9851104438
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.