Private half day Dutch Food & History Tour in Amsterdam's Jordaan Area
Treat yourself to a feast of delicious Dutch food and fascinating Amsterdam stories. Stroll with us through the centuries-old Jordaan neighborhood with its quiet streets, picturesque canals and crooked houses from the 17th century. Taste a wide range of 15 Dutch delicacies such as Gouda cheese, pancakes, herring, and stroopwafels. Visit unique places such as a Dutch pub from1642 and a butcher shop established in1890. Let us tell you about our beautiful city, our delicious food and our traditions so that you will truly understand Amsterdam and its residents.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Snacks - 7 tastings of the most famous Dutch delicacies
- Alcoholic Beverages - (non)alcohol drink at 3 food stops
- Coffee and/or Tea - (non)alcohol drink at 3 food stops
- Soda/Pop - (non)alcohol drink at 3 food stops
- Online guidebook with all tastings, locations and more food and drink tips for Amsterdam
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Café De Prins, Prinsengracht 124, 1015 EA Amsterdam, Netherlands
Your guide will meet you in front of the café and can easily be recognised by the Amsterdam Food Tours logo on his / her folder.
Stop At: The Jordaan, Amsterdam The Netherlands
The tour leads you through the 17th century Jordaan to enjoy 8 Dutch delicacies: poffertjes (little pancakes), cheese, sausage, stroopwafel (syrup cookie), erwtensoep (split pea soup), chicken, fish and apple pie. (non)alcohol drinks are included at 4 stops.
You will visit a butcher shop from 1890, an award winning delishop, two Dutch pubs, a bakery, Indonesian take-away and a restaurant.
One or two locations may differ depending on the day of the week and on Saturday a number of tastings are enjoyed on the market.
On the walking tour you will see the picturesque Amsterdam canals, houses and warehouses from the Golden Age and we tell you more about the Amsterdam and Dutch history and culture.
The walking is easy with a length of around 2 kilometers (1,4 miles), at most food stops you can sit down.
Duration: 4 hours
Pass By: Cafe Papeneiland, Prinsengracht 2, 1015 DV Amsterdam The Netherlands
End point of the tour , this is a 10 minutes walk from the meeting point
Departure Point :Het Papeneiland, Prinsengracht 2, 1015 DV Amsterdam, Netherlands
Traveler pickup is offered
Cost of travel such as taxi or public transport is excluded
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1/2/2020 - 12/31/2020
1/2/2021 - 12/31/2021
Monday: 01:00 PM - 05:00 PM Tuesday: 01:00 PM - 05:00 PM Wednesday: 01:00 PM - 05:00 PM Thursday: 01:00 PM - 05:00 PM Friday: 01:00 PM - 05:00 PM Sunday: 12:30 PM - 04:30 PM Monday: 01:00 PM - 05:00 PM Tuesday: 01:00 PM - 05:00 PM Wednesday: 01:00 PM - 05:00 PM Thursday: 01:00 PM - 05:00 PM Friday: 01:00 PM - 05:00 PM Sunday: 12:30 PM - 04:30 PM
Return Detail :Café De Prins, Prinsengracht 124, 1015 EA Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Tastings are served outside the shops and unfortunately cannot be visited during the tour. You can do this yourself after the tour and you will receive all addresses.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.