Private Half Day Shore Excursion to Cape Sounion
Travelling south from Athens, Sounion is located at the southern end of the Apollo coast, right on the tip of the Cape. Taking approximately 1,5hrs to reach Cape Sounion, this tour can give you the chance to walk through the ancient ruins of the Temple of Poseidon with the immense blue of the Aegean Sea as a background, in a short distance from the city center of Athens.
And if you are looking for one of the best places in Greece to enjoy the sunset, Cape Sounio is the place where you can enjoy the summer breeze and capture some of the greatest pictures anyone could ever imagine.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private air-conditioned Mercedes Vehicle
- Fuel and tolls
- Cold Mineral Water
- English Speaking Driver(not allow to escort you into the sites/museums)
- Wifi onboard
- We can accommodate 8people also(Bookable by contacting us on the phone number provided by Viator)
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Licensed Tour Guide(Bookable upon request by contacting us on the phone number provided by Viator)
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Poseidon
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Temple of Poseidon, Cape Sounio, Sounio 195 00 Greece
Depart from Athens and visit Cape Sounion which is an enchanting place to visit, located only about an hour and a half outside the city, offering to the visitors and travellers some of the most stunning views of the Attic landscape: The most expressive example of coexistence between beauty of Nature and the beauty of Art and Architecture.
Surmounted on a gorge almost 72 meters above the sea level stands the magnificent temple of Poseidon chanted through the centuries by numerous scholars and authors. The place that Aegeas , the legendary king of Athens leapt from into the water and gave his name to the Aegean Sea.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Lake Vouliagmeni, Ethniki Odos Athinon Souniou, Vouliagmeni 166 71 Greece
Immediately to the south of town and very close to the sea, a rare geological formation is to be found that gave the suburb its modern name: Lake Vouliagmeni ("Sunken Lake"), a small brackish-water lake fed by underground currents seeping through the mass of Mount Hymettus. Because of its constant and comfortable water temperature —at about 24ºCelsius the lake functions as a year-round spa.
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Accommodation Piraeus area, Port and Cruise Terminal (Included). Meeting point: The driver will meet you at the port holding a sign with your name onAccommodation in Athens and Athens Suburbs Pickup/drop off from/to Accommodation located outside Athens Pickup/drop off from/to Athens Airport Meeting point: The driver will meet you inside the airport holding a sign with your name onAirports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Passengers and the driver are obliged to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.