Private Half Day Sightseeing Tour of Ohrid
If you are interested in exploring the layers of history spread out on Ohrid hill, want to hear the story of the town and Ohrid Lake, want to see the authentic architecture and enjoy the many Byzantine-style icons and frescoes, we suggest this private half-day sightseeing tour of Ohrid. You will have the chance to find out why the town and Lake Ohrid are preserved by UNESCO as places of environmental, historical and cultural significance.
per adult from
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop-off (hotel or any location of your preference in Ohrid)
- English speaking guide
What's excluded :
- Meals and drinks
- Entrance tickets
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Boat ride on Lake Ohrid (optional)
- Entry/Admission - Tsar Samuel's Fortress
- Entry/Admission - Saint Sophia
- Entry/Admission - Church of the Mother of God "Perivlepta" of Ohrid
- Entry/Admission - Church of St. Clement of Ohrid
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Lake Ohrid, Ohrid Republic of North Macedonia
Lake Ohrid is a lake which straddles the mountainous border between the southwestern part of North Macedonia and eastern Albania. It is one of Europe's deepest and oldest lakes, with a unique aquatic ecosystem of worldwide importance, with more than 200 endemic species.
Stop At: Tsar Samuel's Fortress, Braka Miladinovtsi st, Ohrid Republic of North Macedonia
The fortress if the highest point of the surroundings and is a good place for panoramic view and camera shots.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Saint Sophia, Naehe See, Ohrid 6000 Republic of North Macedonia
The Church of Saint Sophia is a church in Ohrid, North Macedonia. The church is one of the most important monuments of North Macedonia, housing architecture and art from the Middle Ages.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: National Ohrid Museum - Robevci House, Boro Sain 10, Ohrid Republic of North Macedonia
The Robevi House is a famous and historic building in Ohrid, Macedonia. It was built in its current state in 1863–1864 by Todor Petkov from a village Gari near Debar. Today the house is a protected cultural monument and belongs to the Institute for Protection of Cultural Monuments and National Museum
Stop At: Church of the Mother of God "Perivlepta" of Ohrid, Ohrid Republic of North Macedonia
The church was built and painted in 1295. It is dedicated to Virgin Mary, Perivlepta is an attribute given to her, meaning the one who can see everything, can hear everything and knows everything. The benefactor was Progon Zgur, son in law of the byzantine emperor Andronicus II. The church was painted by Michael and Eutychius, two young painters. Their work shows that the renaissance begin inside the Byzantine art long before Gioto. The frescoes they painted have all the elements of the renaissance art except perspective.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Ancient Theatre of Ohrid, Old Town, Ohrid 6000 Republic of North Macedonia
The Ancient theatre of Ohrid of the Hellenistic period is located in Ohrid, North Macedonia. It was built in 200 BC and is the only Hellenistic-type theatre in the country as the other three in Scupi, Stobi and Heraklea Lynkestis are from Roman times.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Church of St. Clement of Ohrid, Blvd. Partizanski Odredi 17, Skopje 1000 Republic of North Macedonia
The Church of Saints Clement and Panteleimon is a Byzantine church situated on Plaošnik in Ohrid, North Macedonia. It is attributed to Saint Clement of Ohrid, a disciple of Saint Cyril and Saint Methodius.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Your hotel or any location of your preference in Ohrid
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 6 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.