Private Half-Day Skocjan Caves Tour from Trieste
Once met by your guide at the pier, you will enjoy a short scenic drive towards the UNESCO Park of Skocjan Caves. The tour will enlighten some of the local facts such as history, natural heritage, and details about the cave. Once at the site, you can enjoy a small stop for refreshing before you enter the cave with a local guide.
The beautiful hike inside the cave will take approximately two hours, over which you will need to walk over an uneven surface. The natural creations you will marvel at are some of the most unique natural sites of Slovenia.
The visit to the cave will not let you down. The mighty river passing the underground canyon is breathtaking.
Once outside, you will meet again with your guide and be transferred back to the port.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Entrance Tickets
- Entry/Admission - Skocjan Caves Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Skocjan Caves Park, Matavun 12, Divaca 6215 Slovenia
Due to their exceptional significance, the Škocjan Caves were entered on UNESCO’s list of natural and cultural world heritage sites in 1986. International scientific circles have thus acknowledged the importance of the Caves as one of the natural treasures of planet Earth.
The visit of the cave takes about two hours of an intensive walk over uneven terrain. The local guide at the location will introduce you to the historical and natural facts about the cave and take care of your safety.
The tour is active and it is always good you wear comfortable walking shoes and a jacket.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :1: Eataly Trieste, Riva Tommaso Gulli, 1, 34123 Trieste TS, Italy
2: Stazione Ferroviaria, 34132 Trieste, UTI Giuliana, Italy
3: Piazza Oberdan, 34133 Trieste, UTI Giuliana, Italy
4: Trieste Passenger terminal Spa, P. Franco Vecchio, 34135 Trieste TS, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.