Private Half-Day Syriam Tour from Yangon
Located at the confluence of the Yangon River and the town of Dala along the Bago river, Thanlyin (formerly known as Syriam, yet is still the preferred name) is a slow-life village around 15 kilometers from Yangon. The town, with its strategic location along the Yangon River, has been known for being a major port in the earlier days. A peaceful and quiet atmosphere will come over you as soon as we enter the town borders and wandering around gives you a true sense that there most certainly still is peace and quiet around Yangon.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from your Yangon hotel
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Camera Fee
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- We leave in the early morning your hotel in Yangon. Although the distance between the former capital and Syriam is short, driving times usually take a bit longer than usual.
Arrival around 9:30am in the town; its merchant past, mainly around the 15th century, continues to play an important role in the trade history in Myanmar. Outside of falling under the British Empire also Portuguese and French East Indian influences can be found in Thanlyin / Syriam.
While slowly discovering the town with its universities, visitors will appreciate the sleepy town atmosphere. Yet this pleasant atmosphere with tree-lined roads and catching glimpse of local life. Our main objective is a visit to the Ye Le Paya Temple, located mid-stream in the river, only accessible by local boat. It is possible (on guest’s own account) to feed the giant cat fish, that are swimming around the island and this unique temple. Its distinction compared to the other pagodas is due to its location – right in the middle of the river near the town of Kyauktan.
Our early afternoon will be reserved to visit the local riverside market and two more pagodas before we drive back to Yangon. Lunch is not included in this program (at your own expense) and will arrive around mid-afternoon back in Yangon.
Departure Point :Your hotel in Yangon
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Your hotel in Yangon
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Based on minimum 2 adults
- Dress code is smart casual
- This tour is not applicable for cruise ship passengers (shore excursion)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.