Private Half-Day Tibetan Refugee Camp Tour in Pokhara
This private 5 hour Tibetan Refugee Camp tour will show you the various settlements of Tibetan refugees, their culture and lifestyle. The tour will start at 9:30am with a pickup from your hotel in Pokhara, by your English speaking guide. You will be driven to all three major Tibetan Refugee settlements: Jampaling, Tashi Palkhie and Tashiling. At each camp, you will have plenty of time to explore monasteries, Buddhist monk school, Buddhist temples, see their hand made manufacturing arts and even stop at a Tibetan restaurant for lunch. Entrance fees to the settlements are not included and you will be driven back to your hotel at around 2:30pm.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private car
- English-speaking tour guide
- Lunch: Tibetan meal (MoMo or Thukpa or Chowmen)
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees (Approx. NPR 200 per person)
- Pokhara has housed a sizable Tibetan refugee community ever since the initial exodus in 1959. A stroll through the settlements will reveal Tibetan-style Buddhist monasteries, schools and a variety of handcraft shops selling quality handwoven carpets, silver ornaments and other traditional crafts worth browsing. At each camp, you will will explore monasteries, Buddhist monk school, Buddhist temples, see their hand made manufacturing arts
Because of a Nepalese trade agreement with China, Tibetan refugees are not officially recognized by the government and are therefore not allowed to own land, drive a car, work or claim any state benefits. You can help their plight and contribute to their livelihood by purchasing a souvenir to take home. Most of the items for sale are genuine in terms of being handmade. They can and should be bartered for.
Departure Point :Your hotel in the Lakeside area of Pokhara
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Tour ends with drop-off at your hotel
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Maximum of 3 people per booking
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.