Private Half-Day Tour: A Local Experience in Salay
Discover the town of Salay, an historic and unspoiled religious center near Bagan, during this 4-hour group excursion with a private guide. You will visit Yoke Son Kyaung, Salay’s oldest surviving wooden monastery, get a taste for daily life at a local market, and discover the city’s untouched colonial buildings and monasteries.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by private vehicle (centrally located hotels in Bagan)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Start your day with a morning pickup from your Bagan hotel and a transfer to Salay, long known as a key religious center in Myanmar.
During your half-day experience, you will spend time exploring Salay’s numerous monasteries like Yoke Son Kyaung, a wooden monastery that dates to the 19th century. Take time to admire the monastery’s wealth of beautiful carvings depicting typical court life of Salay’s rulers and scenes from the Indian Ramayana epic.
Continue your discovery of the town by taking a trip through the market and stopping to admire Salay’s many untouched colonial buildings. At the end of the day you will be transported back to your hotel in Bagan.
Departure Point :Centrally located hotel in Bagan
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Centrally located hotel in Bagan
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Wood Carving Monastery Museum is closed on Mondays, and Public holidays
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.