Private Half-Day Tour: A Local Experience in Salay
Get beyond Bagan’s tourist crowds on a 4-hour, private trip to the historic town of Salay for your group of up to 15 people. Visit the wooden monastery of Yoke Son Kyaung, visit the local market, and see the town’s abandoned colonial-era buildings. This 4-hour tour includes round-trip transport from centrally-located hotels in Bagan, and offers the personalized experience of a private guide.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- All activities
- Local guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transfer
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Start the day with 8:30am pickup at your hotel in Bagan, where you’ll meet a private driver-guide for the trip to Salay, which is 22 miles (35 kilometers) south of the city. This private tour offers the flexibility to customize the experience to your interests, with plenty of time to explore Salay’s fascinating history and religious culture. Visit some of Salay’s monasteries to get a glimpse the unique Theravada Buddhist traditions that infuse daily life for much of the country—including this deeply religious town of 10,000, which has around 50 monasteries. At Yoke Son Kyaung, the oldest surviving wooden monastery in Salay, you’ll see carvings that depict court life, and dramatic scenes taken from the Ramayana, an ancient Indian epic poem. Tour the local market, and soak up the historic atmosphere of the town, whose many colonial buildings have been largely untouched, offering a window into Myanmar's British-ruled past. This 4-hour Salay tour concludes with return transfer to Bagan, and drop-off at your hotel at roughly 12:30pm.
Departure Point :Hotel in Bagan
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.