Private Half-Day Tour: Connemara Wild Atlantic Way Guided Beach Horseback Ride.
Spend an unforgettable day exploring Omey island and beach in Connemara on horseback. Your guide will introduce you the thrill of beach horse riding along the Wild Atlantic Way on this popular 2.5 hour equestrian escape. This private experience which starts at our renowned stables, Depending on your level of experience you can canter or gallop across the white strand. Novices are kept safely in walk and trot. takes you on a ride to Omey Island that is punctuated by dramatic land and seascapes, historical sites, wild rugged landscapes and islands flung out to sea.
Our riding stables are Connemara’s premier beach trekking centre, and this trek is suitable for beginner to advanced riders. There will be a short assessment before leaving with up to 2 guides depending on the number in the group and the level of experience. Available every day of the year. Pax: Min 1, Max 10.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hats and boots are available at the riding center
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from Cleggan village
- In the interest of animal welfare there is a rider weight limit 91kgs/200lbs.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Omey Island, Claddaghduff Ireland
After arriving in Cleggan village (transport not included in this package), make your way to the riding centre at the entrance of Cleggan village, where you will present your voucher at reception. Then you will gear up for the ride - hats and boots will be supplied by the riding centre. Make sure you bring appropriate rain and wind gear.
In the arena you will meet your guides and your horse for the day. The guides will make sure that you feel comfortable and safe. After a short assessment you will leave for the pony trek towards the beautiful Omey Beach and Omey Island. The guide will lead you off road, where you will pass Courthoor Lough and you can see some famous Connemara Ponies in the fields.
Arriving in Claddaghduff, you are right on the Wild Atlantic Way and will make your way to one of the Wild Atlantic Way Signature Points - Omey Island, which is a designated Special Area of Conservation. On the beautiful Omey Beach you have the chance to take pictures and depending on your level of experience you can canter or gallop across the white strand. Novices are kept safely in walk and trot. Then you cross Omey Beach the guide will lead you to the other side of Omey Island, where you have a fantastic view over the wild Atlantic. Then you make your way back to Omey Beach, where the horses can cool themselves while riding through the sea.
Depart Omey Beach and ride back to the riding centre to dismount at the conclusion of your memorable horseback riding experience.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Cleggan Beach Riding Centre, Trean, Cleggan, Co. Galway, Ireland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please advise us of each riders experience level: beginners, intermediate (10 plus regular riding) or experienced (15 years plus regular riding)?
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Riders maximum weight limit of 90kgs/200lbs.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.