Private Half-Day Tour in Chennai - India's Gateway to the South
Chennai, formerly called Madras, is a collection of urban villages and diverse neighborhoods and the capital of the Indian state Tamil Nadu. As the gateway to India’s South it is the fourth most populous city in India and considers itself the keeper of South Indian artistic, religious and culinary traditions. This tour will allow you to see the most important points of interest within Chennai including galleries, museums, forts, temples and cathedrals.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Fort St. George
- Entry/Admission - Kapaleeshwarar Temple
- Entry/Admission - Government Museum
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fort St. George, St. George Street, Chennai (Madras) India
You’ll be picked up from your Chennai hotel in the morning and taken on a sightseeing tour by private vehicle. Visit Fort St George, the oldest English fortress in India, founded in 1644. Learn how it now serves as the headquarters for the legislative assembly of the state of Tamil Nadu. Inside, tour St Mary's Church, Wellesley House and the Fort Museum, where you’ll see relics from British rule in India including weapons, coins, medals and uniforms.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kapaleeshwarar Temple, Kapaleesvarar Sannadhi Street Vinayaka Nagar Colony, Chennai (Madras) 600004 India
Drive to Kapaleeshwar Temple, built in the 7th century and dedicated to Lord Shiva. Learn about its Dravidian architecture, which is evident in its gopuram (ornate monumental tower).
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Government Museum, Pantheon Road, Chennai (Madras) India
Then head to the Indo-Saracenic-style Government Museum (also called the Madras or Chennai Museum), which is the second-oldest museum in India housing the largest collection of Roman antiquities outside of Europe. The Government Museum and National Gallery is home to one of the finest collections of bronze sculptures in the country including some stunning Chola bronzes.
With your guide, browse an impressive collection of paintings and sculptures, both traditional and modern, and explore diverse exhibits featuring archaeological findings, coins, sculptures, palm-leaf manuscripts and Amravati paintings, as well as rare works from famous Indian artists like Raja Ravi Varma.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Marina Beach Road, Chennai (Madras) 600005 India
Before returning to your hotel, drive along Marina Beach for fantastic views of Chennai’s beautiful ocean front.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Chennai (Madras), Chennai (Madras), Chennai District, Tamil Nadu
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Chennai Airport, Chennai (Madras) India
- Chennai Port Trust, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600001, India
Departure Time :10:00 AM, 2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Children under age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Dress Code: Dress modestly; arms and legs must be covered at places of worship. Shoes must be removed at most places of worship
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.